Lifejackets

What a fantastic improvement it makes. A clear and obvious indication at all times of the security of the device.

And that is the only reason that I would wear a lifejacket provided by a boatyard; without it you are entrusting your safety to someone else  and you really have no idea whether or not the required checks have been done..  At least with the old buoyancy aids, cumbersome as they are,  you knew that they would work. 

• Like 1

And that is the only reason that I would wear a lifejacket provided by a boatyard; without it you are entrusting your safety to someone else  and you really have no idea whether or not the required checks have been done..  At least with the old buoyancy aids, cumbersome as they are,  you knew that they would work. 

My thoughts exactly Kadensa.

A very clever and reassuring move on Clive's part, to have commissioned (and possibly devised ?) that big additional safety feature.

Will the other hire yards follow suit I wonder ?  I guess they'll have to really.

• 3 weeks later...

Would just like to make everyone aware that Happisburgh coastal safety team are more than happy to inspect and offer advice on lifejackets and their use, you can arrange to bring them to the station or we could do a clinic at one of the forum meets. please contact me if interested.

Bob

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for stopping off at Cantley to say hello to us at the beginning of the month, it was an absolute delight to meet you and your family.  I hope the rest of the holiday went well for you all.  Maybe see you in October at the AGM.

Best wishes

• Like 1

cheers Hi  Keith, Thank you we had a great time apart from the toilet issue (see my other post). Lisa inspired me with her vodka, I now have some sloe gin and blackberry vodka under the stairs ready for Christmas. We are coming to the AGM provided we can get a dog sitter for the day. It will be nice to see you again and to meet some of the others.

Mandy

• Like 1

Many thanks for the jackets clive! Hope you had a good holiday and that your very charming brother didn't drink the wine before you got back! X

Hi Mandy, 

I seem to have missed this but I did get the wine thank you very much.

Not sure it was my Brother you met as you describe him as Charming.  :naughty:

the holiday was good, it would have been better if we were not learning to surf as there was unnecessary exertion involved and some amount of pain. 

• Like 1