****head

ExUserGone

Insert your own word, to the guy mudweighted across the entrance to rockland dyke saturday afternoon for a spot of fishing I stand by my words, " what a stupid place to mudweight", and the other word I shouted, it related to a part of male anatomy.

It was a private boat before anyone tars hirers with the brush, but I won't mention the boat name (I didn't recognise it from forums).

You should have taken the name and registration number and reported it to the BA. They`re quick enough to hand out warnings after people get caught for speeding, so why not "encourage" them to actually do their job by keeping ALL rivers and broads open for navigation and give out a warning to the idiop who did it.?.

Insert your own word, to the guy mudweighted across the entrance to rockland dyke saturday afternoon for a spot of fishing I stand by my words, " what a stupid place to mudweight", and the other word I shouted, it related to a part of male anatomy.

It was a private boat before anyone tars hirers with the brush, but I won't mention the boat name (I didn't recognise it from forums).

You haven't mentioned what the owner's reaction was Leo.

Did he refuse to move or make offensive remarks back ?

There's possibly another way to perceive this occurrence.

About ten years ago, I did something very similar at Womack. 

I mud weighted across the Eastern entrance to the channel behind the Island moorings.  I had no idea that it was a channel, and it was not marked in any way.

After about thirty minutes, a cruiser came around the corner behind the Island and I realised it was a channel rather than a short dead end.

I felt like a complete Berk and apologised profusely and immediately moved on.

I don't know if the entrance to Rockland Broad could be mistaken for a dead end channel, but if so, maybe the Guy had made an honest mistake.

On the other hand, if it's obvious that it's an entrance to a Broad then yes, a silly thing to do, but it would still be interesting to know how he replied to being called a ****head.......

You haven't mentioned what the owner's reaction was Leo.

Did he refuse to move or make offensive remarks back ?

There's possibly another way to perceive this occurrence.

About ten years ago, I did something very similar at Womack. 

I mud weighted across the Eastern entrance to the channel behind the Island moorings.  I had no idea that it was a channel, and it was not marked in any way.

After about thirty minutes, a cruiser came around the corner behind the Island and I realised it was a channel rather than a short dead end.

I felt like a complete Berk and apologised profusely and immediately moved on.

I don't know if the entrance to Rockland Broad could be mistaken for a dead end channel, but if so, maybe the Guy had made an honest mistake.

On the other hand, if it's obvious that it's an entrance to a Broad then yes, a silly thing to do, but it would still be interesting to know how he replied to being called a ****head.......

Read the OP again Strow, Leo said Rockland DYKE not Broad. The dyke is a VEY narrow (only wide enough for one boat passing boats on their moorings. short dyke to Rockland Staithe. I doubt whether the pub manager would appreciate the possible loss of customers due to not being able to get to the Staithe?.

Funny reading this, I was talking to somebody today who said he moored in Rockland Dyke yesterday, fishing. He said he was very pleased with what he caught.

His head was was bald but looked ok.

Small world.

:grin:

"his head was bald but looked OK"......

Sorry, I couldn't help smiling there.

I must have looked a ****head when I did it ten years ago, and I'm not bald.  :)

Yes, my mistake Neil, like I said I'm not as familiar with the Southern rivers.

If it's so narrow, as you say, could the Guy have mistaken the dyke for a short dead end with nothing down it ?

Apart from a prominent sign-post, it does look like it could be a dead-end!

That aside perhaps rather than hurling insults perhaps it would have been better to hurl advice?

Greetings, my good man, are you are aware that you are blocking the way to a very fine pub from which I, and others, wish to imbibe? Perhaps you would care to buy us all a pint by way of apology? 

• Like 2

was the missing word 'slap'

It would make sense if he was bald.

Nah, the slaphead was the one shouting....

Had just had a conversation with another hirer in the reedcutters at cantley who was looking for rockland as he was meeting people there, from what he described he had been down one entrance to the broad and out the other so that kind of explained why he couldn't find it.

We could get through, it wasn't completely blocked but still a stupid place to stop no matter how good the fishing is there.

I'm not good at pc or diplomacy when people do stupid things, I tend to call myself similar things when I do stupid things too.

• Like 2