Sorry, another scam heads up, ebay this time.

I know there's been quite a few threads about Internet email scams, but here's fresh one, coming from "ebay" this time.

I'm posting the main body of text, which has all the usual give aways,   "dear account user" (rather than name), and awful grammar, bordering on Pidgin English.

"Dear eBay Account holder,
    Periodically eBay checks a number of accounts for validity and information's of account holder, if they are used or inactive or if they make illicit activities. This process is made once a month or whenever the number of inactive users is raised.
    This weak over 150.000 accounts are checked. If this is a issue we apologies for it, but this is necessary in order to make secure transactions, payments and sales eBay servers must work properly in order to assist you.
    If all information are in order your verifications will take just a few minutes of your time.
    If you don't respond to this problem in 24h your account will be suspended for an undetermined period and you will not be able to sell or to buy anything, or if you have active transactions they will be suspended until you respond to this verification process.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Regards,
    Account Department eBay, Inc
"

I get these sent to my spam mail at regular intervals, it does not take rocket science, as Strowy says, with the spelling and shocking grammer to realise its a scam spam. I give it the magic click...DELETE ALL! Treatment :naughty:

cheers Iain.

The trouble with these spammers is that they do not seem to grasp is that if they sent just one message to someone they may open the message, but for some reason they like to send multiple messages, which is a dead give away.

My bin is overflowing most days,187 deleted so far today.

Regards

Alan

The trouble with these spammers is that they do not seem to grasp is that if they sent just one message to someone they may open the message, but for some reason they like to send multiple messages, which is a dead give away.

My bin is overflowing most days,187 deleted so far today.

Regards

Alan

Maybe they think you like SPAM sarnies Alan  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Thanks for the wishes Iain and we are just getting ready to go to the airport now. My breakies on Sunday will be twa rolls - wan oan square sausage an wan on black puddin'. lol

Oh black pudin n bacon roll wi termatta sauce, sooooperb! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I had this in my spam mail today, yet another scam, be aware.

This is an automatic message by The Royal Bank of Scotland Billing Team

Starting from July 31 2014, Our bank introduces new authentication
procedures in order to better protect private information of our card account holders.
Please note that accounts that are not reviewed within 48hrs are subject to termination.

To avoid service interruption kindly update your records <Link removed>

Thank You.
The Royal Bank of Scotland Banking Department.

• Like 1