Loddon Moorings ?

Swordfish

Hi Paul,

There is space for about 12 boats all stern moor, very good moorings now with 3 B.A. electric posts (each with 3 sockets) so there is light from the top of the posts, a water point and public toilets. There are still bins in this location.

As John says there is Rosy Lee's café (the last time we went in she made up a tray for us, but we refused her offer to carry the tray to the boat for us) a choice of 4 pubs, maybe the best chip shop on the Broads and a good DIY/hardware shop who sells useful stuff (like electric post plugs, sockets and extensions, larger walking stick rubber feet ideal for boarding ladders).

Loddon is amongst my favourite mooring locations on the Broads.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

Loved Loddon,Rosie lees a must ! There is a mooring Chedgrave on the right quiet for three boats and then on the left Pyes Mill which we like with a short walk into town and the basin moorings as described.good high st with a Co Op and Butchers at the very top and a 10% discount with the guide book from the Staithe .also some nice moorings at the mouth of the Chet.River much better now but keep an eye out on the sharp bends for other boats.Enjoy.

ps following previous post,walked past the cows but no problem ,but was told there is several routes on the notice board if you wish to avoid them.

Pyes Mill is a lovely spot for the night and a pleasant short walk to town as others have said. We usually have a chug to the Staithe in the morning then and get water and provisions.

If Pyes is full, there are 2 hire yards on the right, Maffett Cruisers and Pacific Cruisers and you may be ok to stop there if you check with them first.

Yep, i love Loddon, the first place i`d ever been to on the Broads at the age of 11 and loved the place evr since. It`s remarkable how LITTLE the place has changed over the last 44 years, with the exception of the luxury housing opposite the staithe. One thing peeps have forgotten to mention is the Indian restaurant. It`s one of the best i`ve ever been in, but watch what you order, as you`ll more than likely be taking some of it back to the boat, yes the portions ARE that big.I`l also echo what others have said, Rosie Leas, superb place for breakfast or lunch, as Caroline does`nt open during the evening.

As far as navigation goes, the Chet has recently had some bank repairs, and many of the short sharp narrow blind bends have been widened considerably, so you`ll have plenty of width, though nearer the Yare Junction it`s still very narrow, so take care.

It`s also worth remembering that Maffetts and Pacifics both have pump out facilities, with Maffetts also having full engineering facilities in case of any emergencies.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Regards and best wishes ........................... Neil.

• Like 2

Hi Neil,

Maffetts is also one of the few places that offer Dive Insurance, we have had insurance with them for the last two seasons and we find the price at £65 is very reasonable,

Regards

Alan

They`ve always been very reasonable at everything Alan, we hired Kestrel in late June this year, with everything thrown in, car parking, diver insurance, tank of fuel etc etc, the boat even has its own 240v hair dryer, toaster, and 2 tele`s with dvd players, all for a LOT less than £1,000 for the week. Not bad for a boat that has permanent berths for 9 adults?.

• Like 2