The keys have arrived!

Mandybstorm

:dance The keys for Moonlight Shadow have arrived this morning! Exciting stuff. Need to get a floating key fob now.

No log on for the website yet though so we can't start trying to rearrange our weeks yet. Will try and sort that out on Monday.

• Like 7

Very pleased for you Mandy and Co, hope you get to have a great time on MS, we're back on board the 30th of this month. :Stinky Not personal by the way, just reflecting the mode of transport.

Keith cheers

Hi keith , we are coming down on the 30th too as we are booked onto fair countess 4. We will give you a shout if we see you!

There`s quite a few of us syndicate owners on the NBN, i wonder if it`s feasable to have a section for Syndicate boating, where we can post up various things of interrest etc. It would also be a good place to advertise to buy/sell shares. Do the mods think it`s either a good idea, or possible?.

• Like 2

Hi Neil,

Personally it sounds a good idea, I am sure that your syndicates do have their own forums but at times it can be a good idea to get a different slant on the way other syndicates do things.

You all know that I have in the past and will continue to share anything we think is a good idea with any of the other syndicates on the Broads.

I will run it by the other mods to see if they are ok with setting up a forum under members.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

After talking to other mods, I have created a new forum in the full members area.

It is open to all full members of the forum.

Please feel free to use this forum for all of your tips that might not only help other syndicate/boatshare owners but may also help all forum members.

Lets face it our syndicate boats are on the rivers for 40 to 50 weeks of the year, we clock up a lot of hours collectively on the Broads and see a number of faults on our boats that other boat owners may never see.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Thanks Folks, that`s great news.

Geoffers, a few months back, i bought a share in Lightning (sister ship to Thunder, that forumite Matt has a share in), and will be using her for the first time in October.

If you`re a regular visitor to the Broads, why not buy a share in one, you`ll get 4 weeks holiday each year for around a thousand pounds, which is about the average maintainace costs per share.  That`s around £250 per week on a boat which an equivalent hire boat could be around £800 - £1,250  dependabt on boat and season. And when you decide to buy your own boat, simply sell the share, often for what you`ve payed for it.  Look into it Geoffers, you may be plesently surprised.

• Like 1

Thanks Folks, that`s great news.

Geoffers, a few months back, i bought a share in Lightning (sister ship to Thunder, that forumite Matt has a share in), and will be using her for the first time in October.

If you`re a regular visitor to the Broads, why not buy a share in one, you`ll get 4 weeks holiday each year for around a thousand pounds, which is about the average maintainace costs per share.  That`s around £250 per week on a boat which an equivalent hire boat could be around £800 - £1,250  dependabt on boat and season. And when you decide to buy your own boat, simply sell the share, often for what you`ve payed for it.  Look into it Geoffers, you may be plesently surprised.

Hi Neil,

4 weeks a year holiday on the broads is a no no for me at the moment, got to keep Daughter happy with Cornwall as well, so 5 - 6 weeks off work, no chance. And I did a deal with OH, I got my toy car, she gets to holiday on other waterways some years, so it will be alternative years on broads/canals.

:Stinky

• Like 1

Hi Geoff,

Work, the thief of time, well it is for me  :naughty:

It was one of the factors in 2001 that drew us towards the Ranworth Breeze Syndicate because I could not justify having any more than two weeks down at the Broads, we were going to a time share in Bowness and we were as always having our week in Hope Cove (Devon) and a week on a canal holiday. The time share in Bowness has gone but we still do the other holidays.

I can understand your situation, on our sister boat Southern Crusader you can buy into the syndicate for a single week, that may be a better option for you. If you want details I can put you onto the right people.

Regards

Alan 

The owners of the two week share (one week spring, one week summer) wish to put their share up for grabs.  For those of you who cannot manage four weeks in our favourite holiday area this may well be worth considering.

I do not know how much they want.  But the sale is being managed by BCBM.

Hopefully it will suit someone.  If this had been available when we bought in, it may well have been the way we went (but probably not as being up their out of season is rather good as well!)

SueH

PS hopefully this will not be a duplicated post.  My dongle is acting up, the rain/wind here at Plymouth Sound is affecting the Vodaphone line!!!!!!!!  S

Hi Sue,

Vodaphone does not like the South Hams at all especially at the coast.

When we are at Hope Cove if I have to use the phone there is just one spot where you can get two bars of service and that is only in about 10 square foot area, go acoss the road and no service.

We tend to use the internet at the cottages we stop at to keep in touch, but we are on holiday so I limit that to just once per day.

Regards

Alan

Hi Sue,

Vodaphone does not like the South Hams at all especially at the coast.

When we are at Hope Cove if I have to use the phone there is just one spot where you can get two bars of service and that is only in about 10 square foot area, go acoss the road and no service.

We tend to use the internet at the cottages we stop at to keep in touch, but we are on holiday so I limit that to just once per day.

Regards

Alan

Off topic I know, but, how things have changed, we use to keep in contact by POST CARDS when on holiday in the good/bad old days  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Back on topic, oh how I wish their had been syndicates when I first came to the Broads.

cheers Iain.

Hi Iain,

Our latest owner to join our syndicate is 74 year young and is enjoying every minute of cheap Broads holidays, his share is also in the name of his daughter so they have joint ownership. A number of syndicates operate in this manner, it makes sure there is an owner aboard if things do go wrong.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Yes, i`ve put my brother down as co-owner, the reasoning being that Karen and i only really want 2 weeks, then if Trev wants a week with his family, we can agree which weeks we`ll have. and he can have the others. We`ll both be on her some times, but working for a bank, he gets more holiday than Karen and i, so if he wants to use Lightning when we go elsewhere, he`s more than welcome.

Geoffers, you can buy the 2 week share in Evening Shadow, we did consider it, but went for Lightning because the 3 cabins are considerably more spacious.

Also, if the 4 weeks does`nt work out, and my brother does`nt use the 2 weeks we don`t, i`l try and split mty share in two, and sell the other 2 weeks.

• Like 1