Wanted. Norman 20 or similar

Hi all,

A friend of mine has shown an interest in owning a small cruiser. Trailable would be handy but not essential

He's looking in the 18 to 22 ft range, with an outboard. I've described the Norman 20 and he likes the sound of that.

The boat would be on the canal system sometimes and occasionally on the Broads.

It would be presumptuous of me to talk of budgets but again I think the Norman 20 is going to be about right.

Any ideas anyone?

Quite a popular cruiser, even now, so plenty about, and can be good value for money.

There's currently 3 on Ebay, 5 on Boats and Outboards, and 3 on Gumtree, and you don't have to register to view the Ads ! :naughty:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=norman+20&_osacat=1293&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xnorman+&_nkw=norman+&_sacat=1293

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/boats-for-sale?sstr=norman%2020

http://www.gumtree.com/sports-leisure-travel/england/norman+20

Ahhhh yes Strow! Sorry about that!

Herewith .....

Welcome to this listing for a 20' Norman cabin cruiser. It is with a heavy heart that I must pass on this boat as work commitments have left me with no time to put finishing touches to and, more importantly, enjoy this boat. If you wish to spend some time looking you will find that with a small amount of work this boat will be worth well in excess of £4500.here is some of the work completed Re fitted bulkheads, seating, flooring, storage and transom with marine grade ply and fibreglassed and flow coated the rear section (approx £1500), chequer plate fitted on step point at the rear and on transom (£100),all windows re sealed, front and side circle windows replaced with light tint perspex (£380),entire hull sanded, 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of marine gloss white paint, new rear cover and hatch cover professionally fitted (£430) Evenrude 25hp 2 stroke engine and steering control fitted (£850). These are the main bits but obviously this does not include other small bits like fixtures and fittngs which have all been replaced ie, fenders, ropes, cleats etc and the time and effort that went into it!
Along with the multitude of works on the exterior the interior has also been insulated with 90mm celotex, resealed, fibreglassed and gelcoated for the whole cabin hull. And gelcoated up to the windows. New benches have also been built, with an aluminium board cut and ready to stick for the kickboards. The top half of the cabin has had a good sand in preparation for gelcoating. There is a small amount of silicone needed around the windows but apart from that this boat is ready to go on the water with the rest of the work being superficial and additions to your personal level of luxury. This boat has been out side and had a little use since pictures but with a good wash will be back up to tip top condition. Boat is Currently dry docked in Wraysbury and there is a possibility of delivery for an extra cost . Any questions or buy now offers please call john 07702294900