B & B night before we pick up boat on Acle

Chocofluff

Hi,

We're picking up Southern Horizon at Acle on Monday 18 th but have decided to drive down from Manchester the day before to try and avoid the weekday traffic.

Any suggestions where a good, reasonably priced bed and breakfast might be around the Norwich area?

Thanks in advance.

June

Travel lodge at Acle definitely.        I find if you say there are 3 of you (even if you are 2) , you get the offer of a family room which usually consists of a King size bed and a sofa put you up.   We just use the sofa as somewhere to sit while watching the TV.   Plus the rooms are larger.       Saying that when we stayed at a TL in Kent at the M2 Services a couple of weeks back we had what I thought was going to be a family room with the before mentioned set up, but it was a King sized bed and two single beds, it looked like a dormatory.      We had to put the two singles on top of each other otherwise you could not move.  It wasnt that good.      I would not have minded but we had two nights at full price,   we have had better rooms when they have been on offer.     

One of Karens friends has just got back from a coach trip to Norfolk, and stayed in the Holiday Inn at Norwich. She said it was really good, with excellent breakfasts. It`s only just off the main A47 Norwich bypass, and about 10 mins from Acle.

Also, from my experience, Holiday Inns are usually better quality and value for money than Premiere inns, or Travellodges.

if you want a quality b&b try  "the white house"  wayford

tel;  01692 582088,  i have used it twice and must say  it is excellent

every room en-suit,  nipping clean,  and breakfast to die for,  

£70 for a double,  £60 single,  worth every penny 

• Like 1

Travellodge at Acle is great. I've stayed there many times as I too have a mega journey to get to the Broads and generally travel the day before hiring. The rooms have just been re-done and you can't beat it for value for money. I would tend to avoid the Little Chef next door for breakfast as I think its over priced.

Travellodge Yarmouth (few miles other side) Toby as side for Breakfast, We leave Leeds about 1030 & walk round Yarmouth when you get there. Big Adsa/Tesco on way back to boat. Done the Acle one ok if you get down late in day, when we stayed here the cafe at top of road next to pub everybody knew each other and everybody's going on's 'night john boy came to mind'

I book early ours in Sept is £21

Premier Inn at Broadlands business park for us, lovely clean room and it's own restaurant but we had brekkie at Sainsburys just down the road for half the money plus you can shop there too. Tried Acle travelodge 2 years ago and at £19 was a bargain but a tad scruffy, glad to hear it's been refurbished, well placed for the rivers tho.

Jim

Travellodge Yarmouth (few miles other side) Toby as side for Breakfast, We leave Leeds about 1030 & walk round Yarmouth when you get there. Big Adsa/Tesco on way back to boat. Done the Acle one ok if you get down late in day, when we stayed here the cafe at top of road next to pub everybody knew each other and everybody's going on's 'night john boy came to mind'

I book early ours in Sept is £21

Or do you mean "come for the car sir" while "Dualling banjos" is playing?.

Well for those driving down frae the North, we use the Premier Inn at Kings Lynn, just recently improved.(If book well in advance you will get for £29 per room) There is a Brewers Fayre beside it, and think close by for youngsters, there is the alternative Scottish Resteraunt, McDonalds :naughty:

We go to Sainsbury's for breakie and do some shopping also. From there to Potter Heigham just over the hour or so. 

cheers Iain