this is so unfair

loribear

My experience as a claimant of insurance companies differs greatly from yours and my further experience from within the industry does not align with your reports so, as I said, I think we shall have to agree to differ on this one Dave.

I'm sorry Speedtriple, but no I cannot agree with you either. We all pay for crime. We pay for the shop lifters in our supermarket bills, in the same way we pay for fraud in our premiums. That's the way of the world.

I seem to be the lone voice on this so in the spirit of forum harmony, I drop the subject (though I shall still be reading the thread with much interest. :)  )

Absolute rubbish.

There`s no reason why you should`nt be the lone voice John, it`s what makes for interresting discussion.

We all have our gripes and opinions on may subjects, some of us from experience, and some from other sorces, be it media intervention or just word of mouth, though that is only hearsay.  The difference is we all see things from our own perspectives, and form opinions based on them.  The important thing is that no matter how different your, or my, or anybody elses views are, we have the rite to air them, and we should all at least respect those views, even if you don`t aggree with them.

Besides, it might just make someone with no experience on a subject see things in a slightly differnt light.

Keep on being the lone voice John, i for will always respect your views, and more importantly, i will not judge you or think differntly of you for being so.

Regards to all ....................... Neil.

Right then, am not taking sides here, no point, we all have our gripes and likes. But, as this thread began with saving lives, and now we are trying to save our pocket or purse money. 

I must say though, its a very interesting thread to follow, either way :)

cheers Iain.

OK,

After giving my reason why your premium goes up....see the fred earlier...

I have had no problems with insurance companies....

Yes, they do try to get away with paying as little as possible, my OH decided to write of our little corsa, they offered an amount, I replied with OK but i think you are about £500 out, as I have looked on Auto Trader for the same car, same mileage and condition, they agreed and paid the difference, we got the Rover 45....

A few months ago I bought my toy.....

I went on to compare the carpet . com and got quotes of around £750 - £850 as I have got no NO CLAIMS DISCOUNT... after having company cars and all other cars my OH has been the insured and I have just been named driver...

I thought that this was a bit much, so tried the web site for the company that insures us at the moment...

The automated reply was...

Due to your lack of no claims discount we can not insure you at this time on this vehicle.....

Being an inquisitive person, I phoned them up to ask why...

Conversation

ME.. hello can I get insured on my car

THEM... I am sure we can, can I take the details, what is the registration.

ME...(insert REG here)

THEM... Right thats a ...........

ME... Yes, and I have just been on your web site and it says you wont insure me, we are insured on my wifes car with you

THEM... Have you got the policy number

ME.. yes its ...........

THEM... OK lets see, so you have no no claims bonus

ME... no but my wife has 7 years, cos it was 7 years ago she crashed our other car. And I haven't had an accident in about 20 odd years

you can see now it was a female I was talking to, and trying to be nice...

THEM... OK lets have a look....

ME.. OK

THEM... If we put your no claims discount to 7 years, just like your wifes, as you have not claimed...

ME... Yes?

THEM... How does £374 sound

ME... Not bad, how do you want payment

sorted 

:Stinky

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

For two years now I have missed all the fun of searching for the best Insurance deals. Motability sure takes the strain.

cheers Iain.

Hi Iain,

That is a strange statement in my opinion, at the moment I would rather spend a few minutes getting quotes and keep my full fitness.

ps... I was a motability car salesman for Vauxhall.

:Stinky

Hi Geoff,

I moved to Motability coz I canny walk the length of myself somedays, and my car gets me about when and where I wish. It suits my needs, and takes all the hassle out of running a car. Arthritis sadly does not go away, in my case the opposite. So unless there is a miracle cure. I will continue to drive my car through Motability. Getting new cars every three years and knowing exactly what you are paying, helps budget on your pension too.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1