Editing a post

The NBN uses off the peg forum software, and gives the edit post option for a certain number of minutes, then removes it.

Quite a good way to handle it really IMHO, it allows the author to correct any typos just after posting, without showing it as having been edited, but then prevents any further editing, which could make subsequent replies look strange.

It's just a straightforward hyperlink under the post, marked "edit", until it's no longer an option.

Thanks Strowy .it pays to read before you hit the post button then

thanks Finny

No matter how carefully I read most of my forum posts, I nearly always seem to leave a typo or misspelling in, and then as soon as I hit "Post" it sits there laughing at me, plain as anything.

The temporary "edit" option is therefore a Godsend to me, giving the illusion that I don't make as many mistakes. :naughty:

I participate in quite a few many Internet Forums, and 99.9% seem to work the edit function that way, because they use similar off the peg software that has evolved over many years.

"No matter how carefully I read most of my forum posts, I nearly always seem to leave a typo or misspelling in, and then as soon as I hit "Post" it sits there laughing at me, plain as anything."

Me too Strowager, I think my latest that I noticed eventually was howel for howl, a real howler!

• Like 1

Eureka! I now realise why I couldn't use the emmots as Iain calls them.  There is a square button top left of the reply panel and I must have inadvertently pressed it and basically switched off the whole panel. :roll:

As a weel kent Del Boy wid say Keith....Wataplonker :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2