new boats for 2015

• 3 weeks later...

new boat s............................................

we have this one to come .............................34 foot sedan 

new to us 

and this hand made canoe to ...........................ply stitch and glue built local to

and a brand new fast fisher too

and a brand new day boat broads style copy of a local one  and a new12 foot  fishing clinker dinghy.....

and two brand new 18 foot  crab /oyster catcher open motor boats 

more to follow...

most of these new boat will arrive from mid jan 2015 onwards

we are on the move in 2015................more boats to come 

being built built behind scenes yer know 

a full working boat yard 

we are re building a woodie too not complete new but close and for sale !!!!!

not just hire fleet some private boats too

post-24077-0-57384000-1419492134_thumb.j

post-24077-0-70524700-1419492171_thumb.j

post-24077-0-85631600-1419492719_thumb.j

• Like 6

That canoe looks amazing all varnished up, must look lovely gliding through the water, and that cruiser will look very smart too. 

Hve you ever thought of starting up a hirefleet John, with boats like that, i doubt you`d be short of customers, and you`d have the benefit of traditional boat hire without the need to go under any bridges to get into the main Broads network?.

• Like 1

We are hoping for two (maybe more) new boats for 2015. 

We have a Siesta 20 which is undergoing a complete refit (bare shell). The boat is owned privately and we aren't sure yet whether we will be able to offer it for hire or whether it will be sold. If it is for hire, it will be offered as a picnic / overnight boat (sleeping three). 

We also have a new 19ft day boat in build which should seat up to eight and offer a central picnic table around a horseshoe seating arrangement. 

So many of our projects swallow time and money in huge quantities (especially when there are just two of us working on them) that we have been very careful in what we say openly as we are well aware how easy it would be to for things to slip and simply not happen. Fingers crossed!

There's also a project to convert a Colvic 20 into a tow boat, though lord knows when we will ever get time to do this. 

• Like 2

We are hoping for two (maybe more) new boats for 2015. 

We have a Siesta 20 which is undergoing a complete refit (bare shell). The boat is owned privately and we aren't sure yet whether we will be able to offer it for hire or whether it will be sold. If it is for hire, it will be offered as a picnic / overnight boat (sleeping three). 

We also have a new 19ft day boat in build which should seat up to eight and offer a central picnic table around a horseshoe seating arrangement. 

So many of our projects swallow time and money in huge quantities (especially when there are just two of us working on them) that we have been very careful in what we say openly as we are well aware how easy it would be to for things to slip and simply not happen. Fingers crossed!

There's also a project to convert a Colvic 20 into a tow boat, though lord knows when we will ever get time to do this. 

Hi Andy,

I would imagine that for a small indpendant family concern such as yours, it`s difficult to justify the financial commitment for any projects. Money does`nt grow on trees as they say.

Andyg,

Which ones are they then, and where are they?

Iain,

Why would you need to blow up Ludham bridge, Jons yard is DOWN river from it?.

Nah mate, Jon's yard is down stream from Wayford Bridge, but most certainly UPSTREAM from Ludham Bridge. :)

Must have been too much Christmas pudding? :oops: :oops: .

Seriously though, i was picturing the entrance to the yard below WAYFORD bridge, but typed Ludham. Still, i knew which one i meant, so it`s all you lots fault for not being able to read my mind :lol: :lol: .

As for Ludham bridge itself, abdolutely no problem whatsoever if you have boats specifically designed to cruise ALL the bridges, especially if it was designed to go under Potter Heigham bridge.

Hi Andy,

I would imagine that for a small indpendant family concern such as yours, it`s difficult to justify the financial commitment for any projects. Money does`nt grow on trees as they say.

Indeed; this is why we have remained tight lipped!

The first 19ft day boat is built and in the water, but requires a lot of finishing. Subsequent ones will likely be modifications and improvements, if we ever get the chance.

You're quite right  about justifying finance for such things. The problem is a simple one; we need to invest and move forward; refocus to a degree also. With all those people with big money building new boats, keeping things fresh is difficult for such a small operator.

We remain the only company to offer hire boats for any length of time and with demand for overnight bookings increasing, we hope to be able to offer variety in terms of service rather than mega-expensive new-builds. Also, in 2015, we are planning to return to our roots and offer holiday cottages once again (having left the market three or four years ago).

• Like 1

Whereabouts will you be having cottages Andy?,

a couple of years back, Karen and i had a boat from Maffetts, then went straight to a cottage at Irstead for a week which meant we could tour around North Norfolk, and around the areas you never see when aflooat. It was an excellent 2 weeks.

Have you considered doing a cruise and stay package where you could offer customers the opportunity to have time on one of your boats, followed by time in one of your cottages?.

It worked for us a couple of years back, but the problem was finding a cottage that suited us that began on a friday, as Maffetts hired from friday to friday. If it`s all arranged throiugh yourselves, it might be  a lot less hassle?.

I managed to blag a nosey around the new Swancraft boat earlier this month. This is the new Swan Romance, a five berth with accommodation in two cabins and the saloon. The layout is well planned and all fits neatly into the standard 35 foot Alphacraft hull. The two heads are well laid out too and although compact there is still plenty of room. Power is by a Beta diesel on a standard shaft drive, the engine cunningly concealed in the middle cabin. There is still some work still to do but it looks a very comfortable and well laid out craft, ideal for a family or two couples. Very impressed.

post-38-0-10717300-1419888662_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-04476900-1419888678_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-41281300-1419888691_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-09795000-1419888704_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-88012000-1419888720_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-28076500-1419888736_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Howard, looks very smart indeed. Swan craft always amaze me with the amount of new boats they build. They have the same size fleet as let's say bridge craft or royalls, but seem to re new far more offten. I guess there over drafts are much bigger that said all above are great yards.

Hi Andy

Yes, I think for their size Swancraft must build a higher ratio of new boats than most. They have recently sold a few boats including Swan Royale (sob) so i guess that the sales help to fund the new builds. As you say, very smart boat.

Is that your dog waiting patiently in the last picture Howard?

Sadly not! Lovely dog but it belongs to Tony, the owner :dog:

Smart looking boat, just an updated version of the Alpha 32. One thing that`s a problem with all conventional shaft drive 32s is the central berth is high because of the engine, which results in a lack of room under the side deck, even for my average size feet.

Apart from that, it looks like a nice fit out.

Swancraft always build to sell, so their boats are always well built. I remember a couple of years back, they were building an Alpha 29 fwd dv. I asked the fella in charge if it was going in the fleet, he replied it will if we can`t sell it.

From that i assumed that was their logic behind ALL their new boats, so it`s no wonder they`re all very well fitted out.

Yes, i agree John, but howard does say the engine is neatly hidden away in the centre cabin, so i (foolishly?) assumed like a lot of the designs, it was beneath the berth. though seem to remember "Friday Girls" engine is central, but NOT under the berth, is that correct?.

In general though, i think Alphas have a great layout giving plenty of space for a family of 4.

I also notice in Howards photo`s that there seems to be decent sized drawers in the cabin, something some fitouts lack..

Whereabouts will you be having cottages Andy?,

a couple of years back, Karen and i had a boat from Maffetts, then went straight to a cottage at Irstead for a week which meant we could tour around North Norfolk, and around the areas you never see when aflooat. It was an excellent 2 weeks.

Have you considered doing a cruise and stay package where you could offer customers the opportunity to have time on one of your boats, followed by time in one of your cottages?.

It worked for us a couple of years back, but the problem was finding a cottage that suited us that began on a friday, as Maffetts hired from friday to friday. If it`s all arranged throiugh yourselves, it might be  a lot less hassle?.

He have six properties around North Norfolk, but only three are likely to be offered in 2015.

The web site is being updated so no prices yet, but check out www.NorfolkCottageHolidays.com,

We have a 17th Century Thatched Fisherman's cottage 200 yards from the beach in Bacton (just by the Walcott end) with two bedrooms, there's a three bedroom Brick & Flint cottage in Northrepps, opposite the popular village pub. Northrepps is three miles south of Cromer.

We also have a off-road one bedroom detached property in Martham. This sleeps two very comfortably, but also has two further sofa beds to  take the maximum occupancy to six.

As per our boats, all bookings are any-day to any day and we would offer a discount for sail'n'stay bookings too. Dogs welcome.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...