Pesky Wroxham Pike

Maxwellian

Just catching an hours fishing before dinner at the stern on moorings above a Wroxham bridge. I struck into the first fish and started reeking in when the rod bent and then the line went slack. The hook had gone. Put another hook on and tried again. Struck into another and as I was bringing the fish to the surface There was a big splash and a pike took the fish.

Gave it a break for dinner and tried again. This time I caught a small perch and nothing, so I thought the pike must have gone. Struck to another it was a roach about half a pound. The Pike leap completely out of the water this time and just missed the roach. It must have been eighteen inches to two foot long. I tried once more but he was quicker this time. So after the third time of Pike feeding I have given up. Never had that happen before.

Hi Max

That happened to my husband last year at How Hill, the Pike also leapt out of the water, quite a large one too.

Hope you are having a lovely time, you may have mentioned this on another thread, so apologise if you have but what Boat are you on?

Grace