Wayford Bridge Moorings

We have never moored at Wayford Bridge, as the BA moorings is all ways full. This year we want to go to visit places we have never been and one is Wayford. We are to high to get under the bridge. Is there any where at Wayford Bridge where there is a visitors mooring just for an overnight stay, please?

The other moorings is Upton. We are aware that this is a small moorings, just like Wayford.

Has anyone got any advise on these mooring? :bow

Regards

Marina    :Stinky

We stopped there last time... plenty of room :) Just be careful turning round before the bridge..

Jon at wayford bridge mentions on the other forum if the moorings are full pop in to his yard (The bigger one) and he will put you up in the there... pub was good.. bit funky though... (mooring by the bridge surprisingly wasn't too noisy) ..

Hi Marina, 

You could try this number  01692 582555 its Wayford Marine services and ask for Jon. He may be able to help you.

Pity you cannot get under the bridge, its nice down to Dilham, if a little shallow and tight in places.

cheers Iain

• Like 2

Hi Iain, our last boat a Shetland 4+2 could just get us under the bridge and we did get to Dilham, also the cross keys is a really nice pub, but watford bridge we have never moored.

I have entered Jon number on my mobile, so thanks for that.

And Alan you were there in July, when it is busier than when we go up and we can never get moored there.

Regards

• Like 1

Hello John and Mary-Jane, thanks for your advise. I have PM Jon to night. I like to get things organized before we go up for our hols. Next week I need to make a few telephone calls, regarding overnight moorings and if we will be able to park the car at our base in Brundall the old Eastwoods Marina, as there's no car park at the moment.

Thanks for all your help and enjoy cruising and if you are out on the yare next saturday we should be out on the river about 11:30 - 12 noon.

Regards