Long serving boats

Broads01

We hired from Astons at Loddon when I was young on only my second Broads holiday. It was Aston Goblin in the Wizard class. I've never seen the boat since it left the hire fleet and I know a lot of them are around. I like that design and the larger ones like Rambling Freedom because they're Broads boats through and through. Sand Cougar at Sandersons another current fleet example.

Yes those Martham boats will still be there for a while yet I feel. I seem to recall Silver Jubilee is a relative youngster, built in the 1970s.

• 2 weeks later...

The first boat we hired way back in the 80‘s was an old Brooms Navigator... I don't remember the number.

It was a great boat, traditional wood with a canvas top and had loads of character. But I suppose the first boat is always that bit special.

Does anyone know if any of them are still around?

I did see a picture of one a while ago but it was in a very sorry state

David

The first boat we hired way back in the 80‘s was an old Brooms Navigator... I don't remember the number.

It was a great boat, traditional wood with a canvas top and had loads of character. But I suppose the first boat is always that bit special.

Does anyone know if any of them are still around?

I did see a picture of one a while ago but it was in a very sorry state

David

A  friend of mine is restoring a Navigator in his shed in Martham, it was in Southgates until a couple of weeks ago... I don't know if it was built as a hire boat or private...

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Although not built for hire we have a new boat to the fleet in 2017. 

she is a 1949 windboat called 'Jomaric'  she  was on the water this year  but will have further work over the winter to enable her to be available to experienced crews who want to cruise in old fashioned style. 

to have customers from 

IMG_1017.JPG

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

Although not built for hire we have a new boat to the fleet in 2017. 

she is a 1949 windboat called 'Jomaric'  she  was on the water this year  but will have further work over the winter to enable her to be available to experienced crews who want to cruise in old fashioned style. 

to have customers from 

IMG_1017.JPG

Careful you are not knocked down in the rush to hire it Clive!!! :facepalm:

cheersIain

i can't find my recent pics, this was from last winter, I used her for oulton week and she drew a lot of attention, 

she won't be cheap but she does not have to be too busy, 

all customers will be quizzed before booking !

probably £200-£250 per day as many days as you want, plus a bit for linen. 

she has an electric toilet, nice modern galley, carpets and soft furnishings.. 

nanni diesel, warm air heating 

jobs to do finish shower, stop windows leaking! 

• Like 7

We had made an appointment to view Jomaric, but the owner called us a couple of days beforehand to say that she had accepted an offer. I discovered who that was earlier this year!

Lovely looking boat.

4 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Clive,

A great looking boat, can you please post some pictures of the interior?

Regards

Alan 

Hing oan Alan till he sorts the leaks in the windaes ! :naughty: Then we can see pics.....or else !:facepalm:Gracie sharpen yer heels girl!

cheersIain

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Hing oan Alan till he sorts the leaks in the windaes ! :naughty: Then we can see pics.....or else !:facepalm:Gracie sharpen yer heels girl!

cheersIain

Point of order here....I don't think it's 'on' mentioning high heels and woody's in the same post...for both reasons! :shocked:naughty:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

What about old fashioned crews who want to cruise for a style experience :naughty:  She would look the part on the Lads Week.  Just need interior shots / layout

Griff

• Like 2

R641 - Star Supreme 1 - Jack Powles, on hire from 1966 then sold to Hearts Boats as Superb Heart - again out on hire with them, then sold to Richo's as Superb Gem - again out on hire with them.  Very late nineties or the early noughties sold into private ownership under the name 'Ivy Lady' then we bought her in 2002.  She is now 50 years young and going strong

Any Ideas where this photo was taken? - Nope it's not London

Griff

BA_NBN_271.jpg

• Like 4