Nowhere to moor!

Chocofluff

Everywhere has been so busy ! We managed to find a space in Wroxham today but apart from mooring in the middle of nowhere, there is nowhere to park in the bigger areas eg Horning . Enjoyed Potter Heigham but tried to moor up at Neatishead, but no luck!

We are near Acle at the moment but out in the sticks! Dropping Southern a Horizon off in the morning and picking up Crown Gem at Stalham. We will investigate the Southern broads then!

June / Choco x

Hello June,

You may find it slightly less busy on the Southern Broads but not until after the bank holiday, places where you can book mooring such as the Oulton & Beccles Yacht Stations will more than likely be now fully booked.

Reedham yesterday was full for the evening and one of our owners on Ranworth Breeze was double moored outside of the Nelson and all the other boats were tightly packed into all of the spaces.

It will be a case finding a mooring earlier in the day or wild mooring or mud weighting on one of the broads.

Regards

Alan

Motored from Bargate to Norwich this morning leaving at 09:30. Saw very few boats on the water........lovely. Out for another week. Expecting it to get busy though over the weekend.

Seeing as you`re on Kingfisher Ian, why not go under Beccles bridge and moor at Geldeston. Not many boats venture up there, so you might find plenty of room. You can moor at the bridge just below Rown boatyard, or at the pub.

Seeing as you`re on Kingfisher Ian, why not go under Beccles bridge and moor at Geldeston. Not many boats venture up there, so you might find plenty of room. You can moor at the bridge just below Rown boatyard, or at the pub.

Neil. Planned for sometime this weekend. Love it above Beccles. Mind you I love it above all of the higher reach bridges. Something special about the quieter winding stretches with the trees hanging over the water. Monday we hope to watch the speedboats weather permitting.

• Like 1

Thanks all! We are in Stalham now, done a bit of shopping and hopefully boarding in and hour or so. We might mosey on down south tomorrow. Picking up Crown Gem which will be interesting as it's a lot smaller than Southern Horizon.

So relaxing and beautiful on the Broads, we even had a ice cream from the boat near horning yesterday

June x

During my week from 9-16 August on a 45ft boat, I found no problem mooring at:

9th - Acle Bridge

10th - St Olaves and Bramerton

11th - Norwich YS and Rockland Staithe

12th - Loddon and Berney Arms Mill.

13th - Potter H and Salhouse Broad

14th - Coltishall and Wroxam (upside of bridge)

15th - Ranworth and finally Richos.

It was busy, but not that busy, or maybe I just got my times right.

• Like 1

Only one boat moored at the Wherry, here in Oulton Broad at the moment...

The Yacht Station expcts to be full tomorrow but isn't at the moment.

You can see us just at the end of the pontoon inside  Paul on Swordfish

http://www.norfolklive.org/media/archive/10/2014/08/22/175445-large.jpg

Brammerton -  you managed to moor at Brammerton - well done Ryadhcrew.    We have yet to achieve that one.      Just enjoy your time and dont be like us who start off by saying we are going moor  , here or there and when you get there you cant,  just be a bit flexible.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but..... wherever you are I'd suggest you either stay there tomorrow or get there early.  :cry

Heavy rain and South Easterly 17mph winds are forecast for Norwich and Lowestoft from10.00 and also a  weather warning for Lowestoft:

Met Office Warnings Issued For: Suffolk

Yellow alert of rain

0600 on Mon 25 August
    To:
        2350 on Mon 25 August

Updated 23 August at 12:43

Heavy rain is expected to affect many southern areas of Britain at times during Bank Holiday Monday, with strong winds a possible additional factor close to southern coasts.

The public should be aware that there may be some impacts to holiday traffic and other outdoor activities.

Of course it's only a forecast.............

We are moored at Geldeston today and are booked in at OBYS tomorrow? When is the wind due to pick up. Don't fancy stern mooring there in a strong wind. We were looking forward to the power boat racing............oh what to do in Lowestoft on a cold, wet very windy day???

....oh what to do in Lowestoft on a cold, wet very windy day???

I have heard tell...that when the wind howls and batters at the hatches of hire boats, and rain comes down in sheets glistening like mailed fishes a mysterious ghostly bearded figure can be seen wandering the streets of Oulton and haunting the occasional pub. Come dawn, while most are still a bed...flashes of white light herald the wake of a solitary Drascomb as it sails across the broad through the fingers of the early morning mist...the only evidence that it was ever there are photographs posted by JennyMorgan! Its all true I tell you!

• Like 3