Scrap book.

JennyMorgan

One from yesterday that emphasises the extent to which the more extreme racing cruisers, now that's a real Broads oxymoron for you, that did brave the elements had to reef. Raisena & Storm, for example, stayed on their moorings. Even with this reduction in sali there were occasions when even that was not enough!

P8239931.jpg

Don't know what to day will bring, weather wise everything is a bit flat at the moment.

Note the different widths of transom, some hundred years between these two boats, how ideas change!

Edited by JennyMorgan
  • Like 4

Could i ask a question here? Have been having a gander at these races on the OB webcam... if one was to arrive in a motorboat to get through to either the YS or the Wherry Inn moorings, what would be the procedure? Would one hold station on t'other side of the racing and wait to be waved through by the safety boat? 

I can't imagine a much nicer morning than to moor up at the pub and watch the racing over several cups of nice coffee, but not sure of the etiquette of getting through the race to the moorings... just a possible scenario here that made me scratch my head!

cheers

Jane, just take it easy and go behind racing boats. Most competitors take motorboats in their stride. Mind you not many were impressed by the big twin screw, private job that made a total prat of himself the other day by giving it big and barging through the fleet. What made him look even dafter than need be was that if he'd throttled back for a moment and altered course by a fraction he would have passed astern of the racing fleet. Thankfully idiots like that are few and far between! Big bloke, big engines, small brain. On the other hand the hire fleet generally manages to survive perfectly well.

• Like 1

cheers for this JM! Love to watch the racing - don't want to make pratt of selves!

Very few people ever do!

On the other hand there is an emerging breed of private boat owner that clearly dislikes sailing boats, whether racing or not, and insists on barging in front of them but by and large the relationship between the two is perfectly acceptable to all concerned.

Edited by JennyMorgan
  • Like 1