antigua highland gem

andyhesford

Hi Andy

Once again not hired these boats but have been on them, when we take the boat back at the end of our holidays we spend most of that day looking at boats we would like to hire (or buy when we've won the lotto lol). Smashing boats in my opinion and great value as always, the front cabins are very big and have en-suite and the galley with the sliding doors are brilliant I imagine for sitting with a drink at night if it's too chilly outside.

Definitely on our to hire list, I believe they are more or less identical.

Good luck, let us know which one you decide on

Grace

• Like 1

Ah yes, had that class of boat for a day when it was part of the AJ fleet at Acle (1991). Roomy boat, with the only downside then was the very slow gearing to wind the roof back up. It may well have changed over the years.

Plenty of room at the stern if you are of the fishing persuasion (I aint!)

cheers Iain.

thinking of hiring next year,only three of us so loads of room , big front bedroom engine in rear sliding roof looks pretty good, has any members hired them any info would be good thanks.

My son, partner and baby son will be on Highland Gem for 2 weeks from 12th, and as our holidays overlap by 6 days we will be meeting up, so I will take some photos and post them when I get back.

• Like 2

Good choice Andy. I haven't hired Antigua or Highland Gem but I did hire their big sister San Elena a few years ago. I've also hired Northern Light from Herbert Woods which is similar but priced higher as you would expect. Its a very good design with a spacious ensuite fore cabin. The sun roof within the sliding roof is a brilliant idea and I can't for the life of me work out why it hasn't been copied since these boats were built. The rear patio doors and large aft deck are also a great benefit and unusual for a centre cockpit design. The aquafibre 38s (as per Sovereign, Sunlit Horizon etc) sort of have that but the aft well isn't so big.

• Like 1

just come back from two weeks on madeira 2 went all over southern rivers brill time great boat first time with center cruiser can t go back to bathtub, we have just booked 11 days on Antigua 2 in july 44 weeks on Monday can not wait, thanks for feed back will be good to see some photos from your holiday kadensa.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...