Bucket List - MTB102

Griff

Have a blast on the trip. Wish I was heading down with you on TC - but we would never keep up  :Stinky

Lastdraft - Yep a lot of us have migrated to this side, some of us have been lurking here for ages too! Hope we can catch up on the rivers before long. Send a PM when you are next about.

cheersbar

Simon

The Corsican

• Like 1

Thanks again for your well wishes - getting closer by the day, wx forecast is looking good to!

I need to converse with LR and get him to explain to me how I take moving vids with this ere smart camera, that the thing with 'Smart' technology - one has to be smart enough to use it - I ain't !

Griff

• Like 3

Having just checked the wx forecast for Fri / Mon, 'It's looking good Houston'

http://www.myweather2.com/Marine/Global-Ports/United-Kingdom/Lowestoft.aspx?sday=0&eday=7

Just one sleep to go and then the next sleep will be onboard an amazing piece of floating history, which probably means I'll be awake all night grinning my head off and pinching mysen!

Griff

• Like 3

Ok Robin, got that, just viewed it, tomorrow I will hopefully get a few mins to adjust the settings as you instructed.  Big Tks and maybe see you in St Kats Dock Sat/Sun

Question - Why is it that I enjoy seeing you and hearing you on film so much? especially your blogs etc.  You have a certain something in front of the camera that I just can't explain, I've heard the term 'A natural in front of the camera' - I think this is you!

Thanks again,

Griff

• Like 2

Hello Griff,

If you can get chance could you please keep us updated on your progress of the trip or a full report when you get back.

Regards

Alan

Ok - I don't have a smart phone thingy (Well I do but never used it yet) what I will do is endeavour to send txt's to a couple of forumites during our time underway and assuming that I have a signal.  They can then post on here if they have a min or two during the day.  I'll do a write up on my return with photo's and since Robin has put me right there is no excuse for a small video or two!

Hope this will suffice,

Griff

P.S - Just learnt how to 'Quote' properly - a breeze even for me!

• Like 1

Hi Griff good to speak to you on Sunday , hope you have a great time on the 102 sound as if you will with what you were telling me , so I will look forward to you update and maybe a video . Saw Robins video that should help my camera is very similar but mines is a Samsung well all the best have a great time ...

well I spent some time last night checking the camera gear and should be all ready and waiting at Tilbury Fort, I will be watching the live shipping map to see when they get close - and texting Griff en route. I have about a 20 min trip from the office to get down to the Fort, so my lunch time may well be slightly extended (I do get in half an hour early every day anyway so work have no problems with this).

Good Luck with the Trip and I will try and wave as you pass.

Grendel

• Like 1

the biggest lens I will have will be the 700mm f/l telescope I normally use for photographing the moon (I do have a longer one at 1250mm but it gets a bit unwieldy) (so no mooning Griff :River Police ) just watching the live shipping map and planning when I will need to depart to catch them passing- I think maybe as they pass the mouth of the Medway, or shoeburyness at the moment, that will give me time to get to Tilbury Fort area and set up the cameras.

Grendel

• Like 2