Hi thought I had joined years ago but no

FairTmiddlin

Jason is a splendid fellow who I have never met, yet. He gives his advise willingly and without bias. He has saved me a fortune by pointing me in the right direction for boat work. Also known as LBBY

Time to start a campaign,

What do we want....

We could always email him into submission. :)

• Like 2

Kadensa, Hi. Many thanks for your kind words.

In fact we do communicate with each other quite frequently. When we've decided on a collective line of thought we try to give a gentle nudge by way of a PM.

That's the NBN way.

Yes, exactly my point, when you have decided between yourselves; collective action being taken is entirely appropriate.and on NBN that action is taken quietly in the background without having any impact on the smooth running of the forum.

I'm so glad that, whatever the reason, the NBN is now attracting so many new members and I do hope that they will enjoy the lovely atmosphere here as much as I do.

• Like 3

Welcome from another new member. I have no idea what happened in the other place, nor do I have any particular desire to know, but I am glad to have found a friendly alternative!

A warm welcome to all new members. :wave

You will find this a friendly forum with the members polite and helpful, the Mods join in and post on threads but anything needing moderation is done privately with the member, not on open forum.

Hope you all join in and bring questions or knowledge to where it will be appreciated.

Indeed, middlin, Grendel and Spider a very warm welcome on the good ship NBN.

A note on Jason; we are looking to get new ropes for when we are on Moonlight Shadow, Jason offered to make them for free, Lisa, nicely declined saying something like he has a business to run not a charity. We will give him the order eventually.

Just thought I'd mention that to you to give you an idea of the man himself.

Yeay Jason! :wave

• Like 1

Thank you for the very kind comments..........

Many of you may already know the official forum story, but its not worth ANY time discussing it anymore. and i'm in no way going to offend this forum by doing it on here.......  

Anyway, after a few weeks reviewing things, i/we did decid NOT to get involved with a forum ever again.........!!! We actually looked back over several years of various posts/comments  etc and it was amazing how people changed, & became two faced,  especially when money was involved........... Some unlikeable 'newbie' members who didn't have a clue what had gone on in the past,  but still felt they had the knowledge to pass judgement on important subjects...however thats life i guess,  so we just move on........ :-)

Therefore no need to email me into submission,  as i'm never too far away!  Sonia has read this forum for a while now, so we try & keep up to speed! :-)  

Luckily a 'forum' allows people to meet up....., become friends, or customers & even very good longterm friends........ Boating on the broads helps this process, so its just a great way to meet people and stay in contact (or not!).

We do have a small 'get together' boating group (non forum!!) being sorted at the moment, which will formally help raise money for local charities, but this is completely new concept and will not conflict with ANY forum and will only be good fun!  

I also joined this forum in 2008, and already passed compliments on this forum, its software & systems etc......., but at the time i generally struggled to follow one forum, let alone two, so never really posted since!  
Also since the recent hassles i didn't feel comfortable 'jumping ship' as i believed the owners of the NBN would see it as a insult..............but there is no doubt this NBN forum has several key benefits over similar sites and few issues, many boaters will enjoy this relaxed atmosphere.

Also over the last few weeks my 'kidneys' have been causing me few issues, so at the moment Im generally 'relaxing'.  We are also re-looking at the old 'work & life balance'...........!!!!   As always, knowing there are people out there who actually 'care', is just great thing to hear......Thank you.

Once again thank you, and I will try pop in from time to time!.

Kindest Regards

Jason
LBBY/SOS247    

• Like 16

Hi sos247

If you're Jason, just to let you know I recieved a nastyy PM once and the support on here was unbelievable......so come on let's see some posts from you, someone said on here earlier that people on this Forum are friends they have never met, that sums this place up to be honest. From what I gather you know a lot about boats  woodies, bathtubs or plastic....oh and them sailie thingies, bring it on I say :kiss

Grace

A couple of years ago when I become ill and needed a series of operations/treatment I was struggling to avoid going into a dark place, Jason gave me words of advice and encouragement that helped me through that bad time, I've not managed to see Jason since then to thank him personally but am now, and will always be, eternally grateful.

• Like 4

Hello Jason,

Thank you for getting in touch and letting all your fiends know you are ok other than your current medical condition, which I hope will soon be remedied.

I was in contact with yourself & Sonia when I was complying our listings of mooring & services information on the Northern & Southern Broads and you replied very quickly and were very gracious in your reply.

I hope that you do continue to visit the NBN from time to time, we regard ourselves as a friendly and informative Broads forum where friends, acquaintances, suppliers can all feel at ease with Broads based issues, other waterways and general conversation.

Regards

Alan  

• Like 7

Jason, although we have never met, I have come to regard you as, if not exactly a 'friend', at least a very valued acquaintance, whose knowledge and integrity has never been a matter for doubt.  I am very sorry to hear of your health problems and hope that it will not be long before things improve. 

I think that, sooner or later, everyone is forced by circumstance (be it health related or otherwise) to review his/her lifestyle and make changes which at first may be both unwelcome and difficult, but ultimately can lead to a renewed zest for life.  I do hope that this will prove to be so in your case and rest assured that you have many 'friends', both here on this forum and elsewhere  who keep you in their thoughts.

• Like 5