Hello all (broads bound in 4 days )

jaffa6938

Hi all just joined although I thought I did a few years ago

we are from Southampton and broads bound in around 4 days for two glorious weeks

starting south side from silverline at Brundall  on silver spirit on the 13th September our 34th  (wedding anniversary

We will be  north side from Friday  19th 

Hello Jaffa6938,

Welcome to the forum from Tan & myself.

Congratulations on your 34th Wedding Anniversary and on having two weeks on the Broads to celebrate it. 

What boat are you going on from Silverline?

Edited, you have already stated the name of the boat. Silver Spirit.

http://www.silverlinemarine.co.uk/hirefleet/Spirit.htm

Regards

Alan

Thank you all for your wonderful welcome

just a little about us

we are Paul and Janice both the wrong side of 50

or as Janice tells me im now into my second childhood :shock:

we love the broads been a few times before  usually around the middle of September

although the last two years have been in Scotland along the Caledonian Canal

Hockham Admiral  " we depart from your neck of the woods " 

Alan and Tan  " yes that's the boat we have hired and should have plenty of room as there

are only 4 on board 3 adults and my 8 year old niece

ohh and the elderly  :dog:  aged 14   "

Please feel sorry for me as I am the only male in the group (even the dog is female )  but I do have 2 cooks on board and I guess I get away with the washing up :oops:

so more time for this Fish2 and cheersbar

JonZo  pure coincidence with the refit we weren't aware of it when we originally booked

but that was just on a year ago  we tend to book early !!

• Like 1

Thank you Paul & Janice,

We tend to like peoples names on the NBN it is one of the reasons we all find it a friendly place to visit.

Paul I can sympathise with all the cooking and washing up you have let yourself in for.

The fist time I went boating was in 1974 on the Trent & Mersey Canal in a 10 berth narrow boat my fellow crewmates (the other five) were all women, you can imagine the shouts as we went past Armitage Shanks toilet factory, I was grinning from ear to ear, but Tan my girlfriend at the time kept me in check.

The Caledonian is great waterway, we will have to go again. We are off on the Oxford Canal in a little over 3 weeks  and back on the Broads in December

Regards

Alan & Tan

Welcome and congratulations.

I do feel for you as the only male member of the crew. Uncle Albert (my Dad) hired a boat for a two week cruise with his wife, her sister and her husband. The first night Uncle Albert was all ready to head to the pub when his in-laws all broke out jigsaw puzzles and the teapot. The second night, after stocking up on beers at Roys, Uncle Albert set out to do a spot of fishing from the boat leaving the in-laws to jigsaw. No sooner had he baited the swim and cast out than loud thumps and crashes emanated from the boat...the in-laws were all doing their exercise routines...squat thrusts, star jumps etc. Scared all the fish away!