Your first time

mickey123

I expect so.  I was on my honeymoon, hubby steering me doing the tossing the mudweight over.  We didn't notice at first until another boat shouted across to us (at least the people on the other boat did, not the boat itself :smile: ).  Needless to say, we had a teeny-weeny argument about it and I stormed into the cabin, so I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

Sorry,kept it as clean as possible, it was meant in the spirit of classic British comedy with all the double entendres, who can forget Mrs Slocombes ***** in 'are you being served?' or corporal Jones 'they don't like it up 'em'. All aired on primetime TV for family viewing.And as for some of the 'carry on' films. ......

So apologies for any offence,but to quote Kenny Everitt 'it was all done in the best possible taste!'

I daren't mention that characters full name' Cupid *****' for fear of getting banned! Now that is really near the knuckle,but once again,primetime.

Mine was around 1983, my brother was the manager at Wayford Marina at the time, he had invited us up from London for a weekend out on his boat, when we arrived at Wayford I asked Mike the owner where he was! he said he's round the back of the shed bailing a boat out, around the back we go and there was my brother and a young lad called Ady with buckets bailing out a big open work boat, but not a drop of water in sight, as usual I cracked up and said what the hell are you doing?? only to be told the gas bottle had leaked and the boat was full of gas and they were bailing it out, this made things worse for me and things like mental, nutters and loonys went through my mind, these are my kind of people I thought, I had no idea that the gas was heavier than air and sat in the bottom of boats, most of the people I met that day (I'm being polite here) were a bit eccentric to say the least, definitely my kind of people, well off we went down the Ant, I fell in love with it totally especially Hunset Mill, we got back Sunday lunchtime and by Sunday teatime I had bought my own boat, a little Shetland called Tyke, over the next couple of weeks I did a bit of work on it when the sister ship to my brothers boat came in, I had to have it, I sold the Shetland back to Mike for £500 more that I paid him for it, but came away with a Seamaster MkII Cadet my favourite out of all the boats I've owned, but 6k lighter in my pocket, I really can't imagine life without a boat or the Broads,,

Frank,,,,,

• Like 2

I was bitten in 1964.      My brother had been the year before with his then fiancé and her sister and hubbie.

After his hols he never stopped talking about it and convinced mum and dad that they should try it. I remember that mum was not keen on the idea of being on the water all week. After what seemed like an endless journey we arrived at Summercraft ready for our week on Gala Girl (the old wooden one). The chap at the yard told us our boat was not quite ready and pointed to what looked like a huge pile of bubbles sat on the water. This turned into our boat when it had all been hosed off.

By the end of the week I was nattering at mum and dad about doing the same on next years hols.....mum was the first one to see a nice boat go passed and saying "That one looks nice for next year"

Been coming down to the broads ever since but I am still waiting for the right six numbers so we don't have to travel in future!!

• Like 2

1972, two 18 year old lads started nurse training. Poverty wages but we booked two weeks on "Spitfire" from Alphacraft. A 26' rear cockpit woodie. We had the Hoseasons map that had beer glasses for pubs and we truly visited EVERY one! God knows where we found the money! We loved it though and it became an annual pilgrimage!

• Like 3