Nominations Required!

JennyMorgan

For myself I read the poorly worded BA blog as being volunteers both in and outside the organisation.

As far as a nominee is concerned, yes, our Carol, got to be.

Each time I read the damn thing, it seems to have changed, but I suppose it's me, not reading it carefully enough.

Yes Peter, poorly worded, though it's the word "volunteer" that mainly implies some sort of organised and co-ordinated work, rather than someone giving their effort off their own bat.

I used to be decisive, but now I'm not so sure...... :)

It seems that everyone is relying on the BroadsBlog for their information, which is a very potted version of what is available on the National Parks web site. The attached document may help to clarify the purpose of, and criteria for, the award.

UK-National-Parks-Volunteer-Awards-General-Info-2014-Draft2.doc

• Like 1

Have finally managed to gain sight of the document to which Paladin provided a link. If we take the wording of it at absolute face value then The Broads, NOT being an actual National Park, just a mere member of the family, then the Broads is ineligible! Sorry and all that but I didn't write the blurb nor set the rules!

I could suggest a certain gentleman from up Donny way who has done so much to promote the Broads over recent years. Errr, what's his name, Charlie something . . . . . . . prone to getting weather forecasts wrong when coming back from London.

Evening, just got home and trying to do a bit of catching up (There's a LOT of topics ongoing).  Just lets be clear on one point here - I didn't get any forecast wrong on that infamous trip back from the Thames.  I used three different wx forecasting mediums - they all agreed with each other and I made the decision to go.  As it turned out the forecasting mediums all got it wrong together - where I got it wrong - was believing them!

Griff

• Like 2

Have finally managed to gain sight of the document to which Paladin provided a link. If we take the wording of it at absolute face value then The Broads, NOT being an actual National Park, just a mere member of the family, then the Broads is ineligible! Sorry and all that but I didn't write the blurb nor set the rules!

"Who can be nominated? We are looking for potential winners of all ages, abilities and backgrounds – you just need to be an active volunteer in one of our 15 UK National Parks (Brecon Beacons; Broads; Cairngorms; Dartmoor; Exmoor; Lake District; Loch Lomond and the Trossachs; New Forest; Northumberland; North York Moors; Peak District; Pembrokeshire Coast; Snowdonia; South Downs; Yorkshire Dales)."

• Like 1

I suspect that even your large print version won't end that little soap box Paladine. :)

I was going to reply myself, but the dreaded "National Park" profanity is usually thrown in just to bring the subject up for discussion again, (and again, and again.......)

The Broads is included in the list but the fact, as I wrote, is that the Broads is NOT a National Park, however desirable or undesirable that fact might be. As I said, 'If we take the wording of it at absolute face value', on that I rest my case. I too can see no gain in continuing this debate but we must not forget the fact.

We ALL know the Broads are not a National Park and, because the Sandford Principle cannot be applied to the Broads, they never can be without a change in primary legislation, despite anyone's ambitions. So it's hardly likely to happen by stealth or by the continued incorrect assignation of the term.

But a very laudable topic has been hijacked for no good reason (IMO). Please do 'rest your case'.