Some of the things you hear!

Timbo

One of my favourite pastimes on the Broads is people watching...and listening. One of the things I have noticed is the change in regional accents within the broads system. For example Potter Heigham seems to be pork pie hat and jellied eel territory during the holiday season, where as in Wroxham its a bit more flat hat and whippets.

What follows is a A true story of the Norfolk Broads...Now I can't remember if I was in Horning or Beccles...a pub or a cafe...what I do remember was the splendidly upper class couple and their conversation with the young waitress. I had thought about writing this story but...animation was the best way forward, so I made this film last year. Thanks go to Dreeko for voicing this film for me (many moons ago...a boat got in the way)!

• Like 3

Very good :)

Talking of accents this reminds me of a time back in the 80’s, we were in Jeykells at Oulton Broad and it was at the time when a certain television program featuring a group of Geordie brickleyers was popular and the shop assistant served me and said

"i know where you are from, you're one of those Aufwiedersehen Pet's"

We still laugh about that

David

• Like 3

There are scripts in prep at the minute for a series of shorts as well as some of the ghost stories of the Broads. Dreeko the chap that did the voices for me is one of those Scottish chaps with a broad Glaswegian accent, he's a brilliant animator as well as one of the best voice artists I've heard.

• Like 1