For those liking the odd glass of beer or two, this could be for you

ranworthbreeze

Got to agree, we'll be in Scotland for the week instead of the boat.

At least i can go searching for more of this.

http://harviestoun.com/our-beers/bitter-and-twisted

Nice roasted flavoured ales if I remember correctly. Sadly I canny have any now. As one who in his earlier swally years survived on McEwans Export, finding places like the Ribs of Beef with so many real ales to sample, was always a very good reason to cruise all the way up to Norwich YS  :lol:

My personal favourite will always be Adnams Broadside....oh if only :norty:

To all who do go enjoy! cheersbar

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Well that got me interested Paul, I don't think I have ever heard of Bitter & Twisted but it looks a beer to try in the future, try it in Melbourne if I can get out there again, would be nice.  I have just had a little trip down memory lane finding out where they sell it there. :)

Keith,

You got me thinking of memory lane. Bars open 5pm till 10pm 1/6d a pint 1/9d a Quarter Gill dram.

Old style Beer Festivals?...Nah pub crawls on a seterday nicht were the order of the day. Getting totaly pickled( not me I may add ) for well under a Quid.

I did go to a beer festival once! In Linlithgow in the Four Marys. They wee plastic sampler cups were no fur me :naughty: 

cheers Iain. 

• Like 1

My personal baptism was drinking Flowers Bitter in Stratford after getting there on the old Midland Red service and an Hogmanay in Musselburgh (Baile nam Feusgan) that was the best I ever went to. I used to like McEwans Export. cheersbar

I didn't really know the Gaelic, I was just checking I had spelt Musselburgh correctly and that was alongside. :)

• Like 1