Langley Staithe

JawsOrca

On the other forum there's a post regarding moorings at Langley Staithe for £14 per foot per year.. that seems very very cheap to me (Cheaper infact than our current hardstanding spot in kent!)..

Does anyone moor here? Would anyone recommend leaving our pride and joy in such an isolated mooring? 

cheers

If I recall Langley Dyke has moorings both sides - not sure the west side under the trees is anywhere near attractive as the eastern side. You should check carefully which side the moorings offered are - think it might be different owners although wouldn't swear to it 

Do not confuse Hardley Dyke and Langley Dyke - Hardley Dyke is I believe Private but Langley Dyke is bigger and wider and much nicer - that is the one that has the 24 hr mooring at the bottom.

• Like 1

Yep, we always moor at Langley if doing the Yare , lovely peaceful spot, and with no pub, it does`nt get many visitors.  In fact, in the last 5 or so years,  whenever we`ve been there, we`ve nearly always been the only boat there. And it`s a great place to fish too.

As Marshman says, it`s "Hardley dyke" that`s go the private notice, Langley being the one between the sugar factory and the Beauchamp arms. The BA 24 hour moorings are on the left bank going up to the head of the dyke.

• Like 1

It`s actually quite wide at its head Roy, but yes, you`d struggle turning Lightning round there. It`s also way out from Loddon and Chedgrave, and would incur a long walk for the pubs or shops. It would however offer more sheltered moorings in that area should the BA set up some 24 hour moorings.

In the late 60s Hardley Dyke was one of our favourite southern river moorings, we would moor along the dyke on the right side but not at the end. Not another boat in sight just us moored up!

However, we did break down there once on a Sunday so my Mother and I  had to walk to Loddon and phone the yard looking after WR (Herbert Woods still then) and they came down the next morning. I think the engineer had trouble finding us and went to Langley Dyke first. My father like painting and he painted the view down to the end on probably more than one occasion.

Liz

We love Langley Dyke and often get into conversation with folk who moor there.        Some people have been unfortunate to have their boats broken into two or three times.     Hopefully that is a rarity.    It is always well kept and we saw the chap the other day spend a long time mowing and generally sprucing the place up.    

• Like 1