Aston Boats

Arthur

Reading the Carnage at Wroxham (1998) thread it would appear that there is still some interest in the Aston Boats hire fleet which operated from Loddon and Beccles.

I used to host a site dedeicated to Aston Boats but after a lot of hacking problems gave up on it a couple of years ago.

As I said in the other thread I have decided to give it another go.

It wil take me a while to rebuilt the photo gallery and other parts of the site but the forum section is now up and running.

Any suggestions for sections or any other suggestions and contributions will be welcome.

The url is 

www.astonboats.co.uk

Regards

Arthur

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments and suggestions Robin.

Nice to meet another old friend now I have moved over here.

The previous hacking attacks were not random but were deliberate and targeted and there were also threatening emails involved warning me that it would continue to be attacked,

I never found out who was responsible ot why but they seemed to have a lot of info as they managed to gain access to the settings on my hosting account even when I was hosting the site in Johannesburg.

The site is now hosted here in Gloucester.

I have little time to work on things at the moment but I will update from time to time.

Arthur

Have done a bit more.

A few of the photos are back online but I have not labeled any of them yet.

The photo galley is only available to registered users at the moment and can be reached via a link on the main forum page once logged in.

Arthur

Aston Boats ceased hiring at the end of the 2008 season.

A number of the boats had already been sold into private ownership by that time,

The bulk of the remaining fleet went to Ferry Marina at Horning but there are three ex Astons in the Freedom Fleet.

Aston Broadsword, Aston Vanguard and a Thames Class believed to be Aston Mersey.

These boats are now named,   Sweet Freedom, Song of Freedom and Rambling Freedom.

Arthur

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouragement.

So far so good at the moment.

There are still more pictures to upload and I need to spend time adding details into the gallery identifying each of the boats.

Unfortunately the one thing I badly lack at the moment is available time but I will gradually add to the site and will update on here when changes have been made.

I am open to any suggestions regarding the site, either on here or you can email me at:

arthur@astonboats.co.uk

Arthur

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...