Hoseasons rebrand

JennyMorgan

Agree with Robin that if Hoseasons were to pull out of the Broads, it would be a disaster for all but the largest yards. Search on Google for Norfolk Broads Boat Hire and you will not find, Summercraft, Alpha, Swancraft, Sandersons, Bridgecraft, Silverline, Royalls or even Brooms on the first page. First page on Google makes a huge difference to how many enquiries you get. (Need to qualify that by saying that Google serves up results to you based on your previous searches. You need to type " &pws=0 " after whatever URL shows up in the address box at the top then hit the refresh circular arrow button to get an unbiased search.)

I find it interesting also that even with the might of it's own marketing efforts over the years, Richardsons are still a "Hoseasons" client. They must see value in the relationship.

Regards

David

Having worked in marketing, I suppose I still do, the idea of re-branding these days is considered not so much 'old hat' as a 'bit of a con job'. There are quite a few large organisations out there that try to sell a re-branding package to business, with no solid financial benefit to the business. 

Slowly the mega marketers like Nike have worked out that business is so much more than branding. Nike themselves have turned away from their 'Just do it!' ethos and no longer assume that customers will fall for it. To be honest, the Nike of today is returning very much to the values portrayed in the car images that Robin posted. What they feel to be important these days is continued and quality customer service...a bit like what we had in the olden days like?

No matter the size of the company, many of them get sucked into the idea of re-branding when an alternative marketing strategy is far more appropriate and cost effective. I've come across clients ranging from Nationals to small local business who had gone into a major re-branding operation costing large amounts of cash for some idiotic reasons. I was brought in by one national company to help redesign all of their artwork to find that the re-branding had come about to increase their position on Google. After I had explained to the MD how Google actually worked and how to go about bettering his companies position...there were a few nervous marketing managers about the place. I was asked to redesign website and company brand for a small local business 'as cheap as you can'. When I got to the bottom of what they actually wanted to do was to let the public know that their carpet shop also sold lino. "Have you tried putting a sign in the window saying 'we also sell lino'? I asked.

Now onto the Hoseasons logo...It just made me think 'I fancy a cup of tea'. Even if they dangled a couple called Tarquin and Cressida wearing medicalert bracelets saying 'In case of emergency fetch a Mercedes and a Perrier" from the bow it wouldn't provide any incentive to book. It's the service that is important. That's why I buy my diesel from Richardsons...OK they might be a couple of pence more than elsewhere, but when I've got Uncle Albert on board they will watch out for us arriving if I ring in advance, they even stayed open as I was late one day, they give as much help as they can, always polite and courteous...no matter what rubbish comes out of Uncle Albert, just first rate excellent service. Although if they ever need me to re-brand I know a couple called Rupert and Reece!  :naughty:

ive seen the new hoseasons logo its crap.if james hoseason was still alive he would put a stop to it.hoseasons only rebranded in 2000 with a new bluebird.no wonder that richardsons only got a few boats in the new 2015 hoseasons boating brochure im thinking richardsons going inderpendant in 2016

• Like 2

Robin - I know one thing having worked in the law - I would not want to be doing your secretarial work.   My god I can imagine the lengths of the letters that go out to clients.         You must certainly hold the cup for the longest post ever.    Saying all that (very much tongue in cheek) you make absolutely the point.

:trophy  Longest Post Cup Winner

I'd just like to thank my management for their help in the supply keyboards and our internet provider for the increased bandwidth the post required, the server company for providing the NBN more space to store the post not to mention my family and friends without the support of I could never have made to the end of the post and of course my masseur for massaging my fingers after typing so much.

• Like 4