The Corsican is For Sale

With Jonzo's kind permission, I'm writing to let the members know about our changing boating circumstances.

The Corsican is for sale and here are some of the details about this amazing boat!

The Corsican (TC) is probably one of the best ever ex-hire Aquafibre 38 restorations on the rivers today :)

Luxury for 2 (+ 4 other guests!) :party:

Much admired and well travelled since her purchase by the present owners in 2010, when they decided that “a few modifications” might be needed, she has subsequently had lashings of TLC and vast sums of money spent to bring her to her outstanding current condition.

Basic specification:

Aquafibre 38

Length 38ft

Beam 12ft

Air draft 6’6”

Engine: Beta 43 Diesel - Hours: 1015 - Year: 2011

Toilets: 2

Showers: 1

Basins: 2

Bow thruster

Pulpit, push pit, and posts and guardrails all round.

Navigation Lights

Electric Sliding Canopy

Wipers

Horn

Ropes & Fenders

Searchlight

Battery Charger

Shore Power 240v

Immersion Heater

Emergency boarding ladder

Pressurised Hot & Cold water supply

Holding tanks

New Instruments & Panel (2011)

Eberspacher warm air heating to all cabins

Deck Wash

Stoves Cooker

Waeco CR110 Fridge

Calorifier

Inverter

Fire extinguishers and blanket

Full engine service history.

To list all the renovations and modifications would take forever, but here are is a short list of the more important items.

2011 - New Beta 43hp engine

2011 - New Prop Shaft

2011 - New 4-blade prop & cutlass bearing

2011 – Refurbished PRM gearbox supplied

2011 – New instrument panel and Morse control

2011 - New Stoves Cooker

2011 - Lewmar anchor winch fitted

2011 - New Teak & Holly floors to aft cabin, galley & wheelhouse

2012 - New 2000kw Inverter

2012 - Complete refit to forward cabin to create a total “luxury for 2 island berth” with drawers under, storage and full length hanging space, new head linings, mattress etc. and en suite facility

2012 - Complete external refit/repaint to hull & superstructure with windows out and completely refurbished.

2012 - Total repaint in her own unique colours 

2013 – New Steering Cable and Helm + rudder stops fitted.

2013 – Antifoul & New anodes (09/13)

2013 – 3 new batteries

2013 - New Waeco CR110 Fridge

2013 – Gas CO and CO2 alarms fitted

2014 – BSC till February 2018

2014 – All batteries checked and 2 replacements fitted.

In December 2012 “The Corsican” was current market valued by Moonfleet Marine at £76,000.00 :clap

We are committed to buying another boat more suited to our current needs, so our asking price for a quick sale of this fine vessel is offers in the region of £67,000.

Please PM with serious expressions of interest.

Thanks  cheersbar

Simon

:Stinky

PS. Probably the only Aquafibre 38 thats been to Ipswich and back!

• Like 1

Sigh - I'll miss her - enjoyed every visit onboard. - (admittedly that had something to do with the crew)  That video of TC at sea brought back happy memories and she does look very good out on the salty stuff.

One things for sure - the new owners of TC whoever they may be are in for a treat and will be getting a boat that has been loved/cherished not to mention very well maintained.

Griff

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon you never get back the money you have paid out over the years having improvements done etc.      The way to look at it is , you really cannot put a price on all of the enjoyment that those improvements have brought.      I am sure if you totted it up we would find we have paid out more than the boat cost in the first place.      Although you never get that back at least you should sell for what you paid for it,  unlike when you buy a new car and sell a few years later , you think blimey where did all those thousands go.

Hope that lot makes sense - it is early.    Good luck with the sale.

Hylander - Thanks for the good wishes

During the time we have owned The Corsican we have had many hundreds of days afloat, and whenever we wanted. It kind of puts the expense into perspective if you consider what it would have cost to hire a boat of equal quality, particularly as most of those days have been on short breaks.

There are more pictures herehttp://apolloduck.net/388194

Simon

Hi Trevor & Dierdre

Our new boat is a Renaissance 35 called "River Song". She is our retirement present to ourselves as we actually retired in July, and with the extended aft platform, she gives me (and Dylan!) much easier access getting on and off as I have ongoing mobility issues.

Will post some pictures before long, but expect to see us out on the system in the coming winter months.

Simon

Hi Polly

Right now LBBY are putting their magnificent touches to our new girl. River Song is bootiful

We are looking forward to catching up with everyone out on the rivers again soon.

In the meantime, TC is still for sale, and a great buy for anyone wanting a boat where all the hard stuff has already been done. She's ready to go and looking for a new crew . We will miss her - she is a wonderful boat and looking forward to more exciting trips in the future

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Yep. I did notice That is the year she was registered on the broads. It's the only certain date we have.

Considering her current amazing condition I don't think it's at all relevant to achieving a sale!

I'm confident that she will go through any survey with flying colours

Simon