Birchwood 25 advise Please,,

Mowjo

OK! boys and girls, I know someone here may have one but I'm looking for info on a Birchwood 25 exec, things like known problems, handling basically any info I can get, we walked away from the Seamaster 27, we walked away from the Elysian Madera because of pro shaft and flexi coupling problems, and today we walked away from what looked like a nice Seamaster 25, problem was it was perfect outside but inside I reckoned it needed at least another 2/3k put into it, they were asking 12k for a boat that in my opinion was only worth £8.5k, anyway to cut a short story long we have looked at loads of overpriced, c**p boats, but we had a look at a Birchwood 25 today, odd for me as it's a hard top with a petrol engine, it's a nice clean boat, not much needs doing apart from a bit of varnishing, and as I'm fond of telling people the boat just felt right to me and I think it was instant love for Judi, I'm OK with the engine I think it's a Petrol Seawolf, but other than that I know nothing about Birchwoods, another thing I want to know is under the forward bunk it has one of those bladder type water tanks, I don't like them and don't trust them so does anyone know how easy it is to change it to a Poly tank???

Frank,,,,, 

Someone at my yard had one and changed the petrol engine for a ford diesel one, nice boat I seem to remember the side decks are quite narrow. You can get poly tanks made to any shape and just a case of plumbing it up, not a cheap option though. As long as the flexi tank is well supported and in good condition should give years of trouble free service.

Doug.

Thank Doug! I don't have a problem with the Petrol Engine I grew up with them, half inch spanner a packet of fag papers a can of WD40 and I can usually fix them, the flexi tank is quite small something like 15 gallons and as we do a lot of extended cruising I don't want to be filling up every day, the boat has a nice big triangle space under the front bunks where the flexi is so is prime for a rigid tank, while I'm here anyone got any idea of the fuel consumption of the Sea Wolf Engine???

Frank,,,,,