In between boats, missing the broads.

Janice

When we dropped off Lady Lindar at Wroxham for her to be sold tears steamed down my face, she had become an old friend and I felt like we were deserting her, throwing her away like yesterday's newspaper. It's not just Lady Lindar that I miss its being able to merender around the Broads with that feeling of being free, relaxed and happy.

I saw this poem this morning and I can relate to it 100%.

• Like 3

Hi Janice, I know that feeling.. even though I'm 30 something we had to deliver our last boat to her new owners and that last moment with her was very very hard :cry . As you say they become part of your life and you do feel like given up on them.. thankfully for us though we always are stupid enough to get the next boat before selling the last! Just try and stay away from her for now... let her move onto her next life and get about looking for a better boat!!  :naughty:

• Like 1

Janice and Mike

I didn't realise Alan had added that to his website already (he did ask permission to use it).

I wrote it to try and put down on paper the 'pull' the broads have on us. As soon as we return from a holiday there is the urge to return ASAP.

Those feelings are what have pushed us towards our first boat purchase so we will be able to visit whenever we want.

We hope you find your next boat soon so you are able to get back to doing what we all love :)

Steve & Deb

Hello Janice, Last year we upgraded our Shetland 4+2, which we had made for our needs. We had had her for 4 years and once we had all our belongings in storage. I had felt I had lose a loved one. I cried :cry and then we took her one last time on the Yare and around to Brooms for NBS sales and I cried :cry again. She had got too small for our need and we upgraded to an Alpha29 :kiss . We have seen our old girl out there on the river. 

I /we love our Alpha 29 Sweet Kingfisher.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

Janice and Mike

I didn't realise Alan had added that to his website already (he did ask permission to use it).

I wrote it to try and put down on paper the 'pull' the broads have on us. As soon as we return from a holiday there is the urge to return ASAP.

Those feelings are what have pushed us towards our first boat purchase so we will be able to visit whenever we want.

We hope you find your next boat soon so you are able to get back to doing what we all love :)

Steve & Deb

What a small World, am chuffed that you wrote that poem and saw my mention of it. Great poem sums up how I am feeling and how the Broads draws you back, totally smitten.

When we drive home from Norfolk I am always on the look out for houses, it wouldn't take too much to talk me into moving there if it wasn't for me not wanting to be away from the kids (both 31 years old not kids really lol) our daughter is due to have her first baby in December our first grandchild and so we will have to stay in Hertfordshire, plus there is work of course!

I didnt think we thought we would be selling her this quick but now we have had a taste of the Broads we want more, Mike wants a boat he can take out to sea with twin engines and I want to invite friends and family to join us on the Broads and Lady L was not able to make either of those things happen. I love it when the winter draws in and the Broads is less busy it's so beautiful.

What made it slightly worse was that she had not been cleaned when we saw her and she was tucked to one side away from the other boats. One of her new ropes was hanging in the water, which really upset me. She looked so lonely, we asked for her to be moved near to the other boats and I am going to call them on Saturday to see if that has happened and ask why she has not been cleaned.

Boatless from Hertfordshire

Jan