Done it!

Mowjo

Yup! we did it! bought a boat I never thought I would, Hardtop and Petrol engine, have to watch what I say because Jon spy's on me! we fell in love with the Birchwood 25 Exec at Jon's yard and bought her today, she's ready to go, it just needs a little tidy up, but anyone that's knows me also knows that I'll be making lots of changes and will be broke again, I'm honestly gobsmacked Judi likes a hardtop as she likes Wroxham and this one won't go under the Bridge, it was a case of instant love for her, I liked the boat but did every thing I could to put her off it, like saying about the hardtop and being petrol, but it didn't work, which means she really loves the boat and if she falls out of love with it sometime, I can say I told you so, she has had me on Tinternet all evening buying stuff for the boat, but at the last count of nearly £1200 I needed a break, normally if I buy a box of screws I have to explain what I need them for, but that's women for you, the boat is going to be re-named Kali II, I told my dog the next boat I got would be called after her, sadly we lost her last year but she loved it on the boat, now she will be with us on the boat whenever we go out,, Ok! I admit it, I do have a soft side but only when it comes to animals,, Frank,,,,,

• Like 8

Hi Frank,

Ok, who has a bridge stone cutter (mobile version) that cuts to the shape of a Hardtop Birchwood 25Exec so you can get through Wroxham Bridge :naughty:

Many congratulations on the purchase of your new boat, may you have many happy times on Kali II with your good lady.

cheers Iain.

Iain! for get the stonecutter, if we can't get under Wroxham Bridge she can't spend money so my boating should be cheaper, I say should because a certain person told Judi two places we may be able to moor up for a few hours to go shopping, I was going to try the "We can't go too far because we may run out of Petrol" but I slipped up before we bought her and mentioned is has a 130xlitre tank, at least I'll get to use my Tesco fuel points now, I just have to work out a way to get the boat to Tesco's, Frank,,,,

• Like 2

Hopefully living quite close, the boat should all be Ship shape and shinny for the start of next season, one of the best bits is it's original gel coat so no painting this time, Whoopeeeeee! in the new year I'll have her lifted for a good polish, anti-foul and re-stain the rubbing strakes, just a few days work instead of weeks, and for anyone thinking of buying a boat, this boat is ready to go and perfectly usable, the only big expense's are a new cooker at £450,mains electric at £100, and the cabin lights changing to LED's another £100, Judi has decided she wants everything new, like bed linen, pots and pans, crockery and all the general stuff you need on a boat, the bill for all this has now crept up to around £1500 so be warned, Today I went to order something and my card was declined, I went demented Gerbil and phoned the bank as I knew I had money in there, the Bank passed me on to the credit card fraud squad, where they informed me they had put a stop on my card due to excessive activity, nice to know they are protecting my money but it would have been nicer if they informed me about stopping it, the worse bit was they kept giving me amounts of money and asking who I had spent it with, luckily my accountant Judi had it all written down,,,

Frank,,,

• Like 2

I had my card stopped once - I was on Holiday in Stratford and my card had been used to top up 2 mobile phones (mine and the wifes), they also stopped my credit card that we tried to top up the second phone with. I then just had the cash in my pocket, fortunately the hotel had been paid for, and I had enough fuel in the car to get home, apparently they had phoned before stopping my card - they phoned my home phone number - they said they got no reply - well I was away, so that wasnt very helpful - took them 3 days to reactivate the card too.

Grendel

They re-activated mine in Minutes Grendel, they have phoned before so I asked why they hadn't phoned this time and he said we don't have your mobile number, he was a bit lost when I told him I don't have one, then I went in for the kill and said how come I get a call at home at least every two weeks from your bank trying to sell me something but you can't call me to tell me you blocked my card?? he got me back with a classic we are a different department,,

Frank,,,