The start of an idea.

MauriceMynah

I have a little hankering (but enough about my problems!) but need some info. What are members best guesses for the following...

How much would it cost to have my boat (27' Elysian Bounty) craned out, put on a low loader and transported to the mouth of the Shannon?

How long would it take to "do the Shannon" at a relatively gentle pace?

Would the return transport back to Norfolk cost the same?

My idea was... Take Nyx to the Shannon, explore it to the other end, Lend Nyx to somebody else to get her back to the Shannon's mouth and bring her home.

It's very early days, and I was only wondering at this stage!

Hi MM,

The Shannon can get very choppy, so make sure all beverages are put away safely. I would hazzard a guess that Jon at Wayford through his contacts would give you an idea of costings to get it transported there and back.

I personally have not been to the Shannon, but know folks that have. A dinghy is a must to get the best out of your stay there. I find Ireland, well Dublin, to be very expensive to even stay for a few days, so boating I would think be even dearer. I may be totaly wrong on the boating side, but worth a mention.

I wish you well, if you do go there, the natives are very friendly and give you gallons of cold black coffee with a creamy top on it :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1