DryMesh Anti-moisture layer Good or Bad Idea

SweetKingfisher1

Hello Baitrunner, i know for sure AlphaCraft do what we do and that is. Put containers of salt in each cabin and they leave all cushions on the boats. With putting salt in the cabins, they did not need replacing through the winter. Remember last winter was not too cold. Fingers crossed for this winter. Regards Marina

Hi Marina, the salt is probably a lot cheaper than the desicant crystals as well. When I run out might buy myself a couple of bags of Saxa and see how it goes.

Not sure how I have done it, but I reckon in about 8 months  it has cost me less than £20 in electricary to power the dehumidifier and large battery charger on the boat - both left on when not in use. And I have had the water heater and a small fan heater on a couple of times as well. Maybe the meter isnt working properly on my mooring, but don't tell anyone!!

I have to say our bed is also not over a tank of any description and way off the sides and hull of the boat so that probably helps. The main saloon seats are also not over a tank (must try and find out what is under them though).

It is also carpeted throughout so that probably helps with insulation as well.

Guess all boats are different and certainly never had any problems with hire boats in the past.

• Like 1

I use IKEA under mat non slip mesh, two layers at a cheap as chips price. I had it on Rondonay for 11 years and never had a problem, in fact after her pushpit was hit and a stanchion damaged, there was a leak down on to the quarter berth. The underlay kept the mattress out of harms way completely, allowing the water to run under it until I discovered the issue. ,

I have ordered the Ikea under mat from ebay and received them today. They look ok, so next time we go up to the boat ( weekend of 7th Nov) I will try them on the smaller seating area. Thanks for all your help.

Graham at Maffetts still has our girl, so I am not sure if the work has been done yet :bow .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky