Broadway Booked!

BroadScot

"Visualize it as a 2 berth" sounds good but keep the seating as is but the section towards the dining section spins round to view a 32 " on the wall. ok idea came from Carousel if the seat spun round over looking the table be like a home cinema. Ok lottery dreams.

Maybe while were out for the week we draw a few idea's up and submit them to throw in the planning pot.

• Like 1

Iain I will be glad when my niece passes her driving test I told her so far I'm looking at a rowing boat lol costing me a packet, cold weather coming up so bang a few Saturdays in to cover next years boats. Kaz took a liking to the new boats.

Just back home after 2 weeks on the bigger version Broadlander. It was an amazing boat so your slightly smaller version will be amazing i am sure. We booked Broadlander in 2013 for 2014 holiday & was going to change to Broadway when it was built but it would have cost about £300 more for the smaller boat so toughed it out with bigger boat & only 2 of us on it. Middle cabin gave us loads more storage for clothes & my fishing gear so we didnt really use much of cupboard space. Boat was nice to drive especially with GPS to manage speed. We did find it a bit heavy on the fuel but we did pop heating on a bit in evenings. Im sure you will have a great holiday on a lovely boat.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Well folks its MY turn to start the countdown till we are on Broadway2 in early May. We have made a start to the preperations for traveling down to Stalham.

The Plastic Folder with the booking details now has the Tide Tables added to it, complete with my old Hamilton's Tide Disc Cardboard reader which cost all of 40p

My NBN Burgee is also set aside to be packed later. David mentioned the non stick pan, yup an absolute MUST! Hate a Scrambled fried egg :naughty: It has to be sunny side up!

I have to do a 134 mile detour 67miles there 67 back, to go and pick up my sister in law in Linlithgow. So from there to Stalham is approx 430 miles. Compared to Eric's journey, mine is but a run to the corner shop!

We use to travel down three times a year, till fuel costs shot up. BTW Grace, our boat limits the number of pair of shoes allowed onboard, space is required for liquids instead! I have discovered a Sainsbury's New Zealand 5% Sauvignon Blanc and very nice it is too.

Sadly I have had no replies regarding scooter hire, so I am having a rethink about bringing my own, and rejigging the space available in the car shell, the Renault Scenic is a big car. So hopefully will resolve my problem.

To use Robin's expression.   More as it happens.......

cheers Iain.

• Like 4

Hi Iain

Sorry if these questions seem a bit daft, you have probably thought of this already and assuming Scoot is an average size Mobility Scooter, is there enough space on Broadway to store it and would you and Mrs Broadscot not find it difficult to get Scoot on and off? Just wondering if you are better off with a wheelchair, easier to store and get on and off the Boat i would imagine

Grace

Hi Iain

Sorry if these questions seem a bit daft, you have probably thought of this already and assuming Scoot is an average size Mobility Scooter, is there enough space on Broadway to store it and would you and Mrs Broadscot not find it difficult to get Scoot on and off? Just wondering if you are better off with a wheelchair, easier to store and get on and off the Boat i would imagine

Grace

Hi Grace,

Its breaks down into four pieces, the biggest being the main chassis. I have worked out how n where to store it all. I am NOT a wheelchair person yet :norty: I had to use once brieflly at Hampton Court, till they sorted out a scooter for me there.

cheers Iain

• Like 2

Iain, I hope I haven't offended you with the Wheelchair comment, that was certainly not my intention, I don't think for one minute you belong in one (a straight jacket more like :naughty: ) just thought it might be an answer for the short time you are away

Grace  :kiss

p.s sorry just seen your above post, very smart looking Scoot indeed, can see now it's not a massive one and easy to store

Hi Grace,

Oh you couldn't possibly offend me lassie :kiss  Yes the scooter is very compact, it takes about a minute to assemble it and then there is no holding me back. I am off n running! lol I will walk to Rossie Lees for coffee n cake and the Stokesby Stores for the massive bacon bap! Highly recommended both!

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Iain, 

No need to pack a non stick, we have them as standard on all boats (2nd year now!)

also Brabantia tin openers and decent veg knives!! 

loo roll, and matches, wash up liquid, cloths and sponges too!

• Like 6

Iain, 

No need to pack a non stick, we have them as standard on all boats (2nd year now!)

also Brabantia tin openers and decent veg knives!! 

loo roll, and matches, wash up liquid, cloths and sponges too!

Thank you Clive for that update, very nice indeed! :clap A few items less to pack! :dance

cheers Iain.

Sounds like a good inventory there! But Clive have you ever thought about hiring scooters? ;)

Hi Alan,

As Clive will still be paying for all these new boats for years to come, my kinda scooter will be way down the must have list there lol :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

we have scooters for hire in Hemsby, I am not sure they are the small ones which break into bits for storage though so may not be suitable.....

Awe pity, they are too big sadly. I have had them on hire at Hampton Court and Alnwick Gardens, great they are, and twice the speed of mine! :naughty:

cheers Iain