Broads Suncharm

Stranger

it is an inverter, the lead charges the batteries..

All of our new boats have Shore power with auto change over but we have not supplied leads.

we will if asked and will be available next year..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

that would be nice Clive Please do supply one 11April 2015 did that mean that the shore power lead would only charge the batteries or does it cancel the inverter out and run neat 240 to the sockets on Suncharm or does it mean on the newly constructed boats from next year

the boats  we have built in the last four years will charge the batteries and will automatically switch the sockets to 240v away from the inverter when plugged in...

Suncharm only runs the 240v from the inverter so will charge batteries when plugged in...

:naughty:  Hi Stranger.  Don't forget to unplug it when you leave the mooring!  Sounds daft but I have seen a number of boats over the years leave the mooring with the shore power still connected.  A reminder attatched to the helm might prove useful!  Regards Alan.  cheersbar  :wave

I've not tried leaving a mooring with the mud weight down, or power lead connected ...Yet, however I have left a mooring leaving behind Rhonde Anchors before.

The best one was trying to start an engine and after several attempts and checking under the engine cover was about to give up and call the boatyard, then I thought 'did I push the engine stop lever back in?' Nope I had not - much prefer stop buttons lol.

We had  large boat in our marina that we were watching whilst having breakfast, the crew did all their checks but before we could warn them.

They set off the shore power was still plugged in, the result was the electric post socket was pulled out of the post the water tap fractured and the skipper realising there was an issue looked back, but still kept going forward hitting the boat on the other side of the marina.

I isolated the cables that were now very close to the water and capped off the water whist the marina staff could attend to install a new post.

Sadly we can all get it wrong from time to time even the best of us.

Regards

Alan

All you need is a monitoring circuit that monitors the presence of shore power the the main incomming supply breaker, if there is mains onto the input then the starter motor would not engage. 

You could even have an indicator in the circuit that lit (shore power still connected) if the start button was pressed when the shore power was still connected.

The flaw with this is if you have run out of shore power credit.

Maybe back to Jeff's plug into a dummy socket.

Regards

Alan

:naughty:  Hi Stranger.  Don't forget to unplug it when you leave the mooring!  Sounds daft but I have seen a number of boats over the years leave the mooring with the shore power still connected.  A reminder attatched to the helm might prove useful!  Regards Alan.  cheersbar  :wave

Alan, i've never done that :liar

Jim saw it, wasn't happy :naughty:  fortunatley no damage.

• Like 1

im sure if you were to wrap the shorepower cable a couple of times round the mooring line near the post you wouldent forget allowing for tides of course .

Robin keep the Blog going mate love the reviews etc love the mix of talking and scenery and the cooking lol  we take a multi stack of pan and steamer to save lots of pans on rings as well as the obligatory tin opener

• 1 month later...