Broads Suncharm

Stranger

Ahh, leaving the mudweight down was my favourite stupid stunt! I remember leaving Ranworth mooring once, nice and early on a Sunday morning to catch the tide at Yarmouth.

Lots of rather unhappy fishermen near St Bennets, casting both bait, and doubts about my intelligence and parentage.

Happy days!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why not try one of these Dave, providing Clives boys inspect it, i doubt they`d stop you using it, as it does`nt connect up to anything. We had one when we were on Swallow and met up with you and April when you were on Pacific Emerald.  With one of these, there`s no need for a hook up, and to be honest, i don`t know why the yards don`t offer them as an optional extra on their older boats?. What do you think Clive, is it something you`d consider doing in future?.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/mobile-mains-kit-p155317

looks a good idea Neil ,we are only taking the laptop which will cope off the inverter ok we havent any great demand for shorepower but if and when theres an external power source available for the sunbed if the weathers poor  lol

thanks for the info Clive on the oil fired  boiler

btw Halfords do mobile power suply very simular to the one you posted for £40

Having its own 25amp RCD is good electrical practice, with a 10amp MCB breaker. It has full IP44 insulation protection too. So in laymans terms it's got all the good safety bits.

Must say it looks a very handy piece of kit for the money. So if I wished to purchase one, I would not hesitate. Just remember don't go overboard to excuse the pun with high wattage rated electrical appliances, when using it.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Three hours for an expert to come along, what happened Iain? :)

When one is retired Ian, one does not require to get up early anymore lol Plus, I have been reading up on my new toy that arrived in a big box, a mobility scooter that I can now put in the boot of my car. I did check the electrical appliance out fully though, before making a report on it. Three hours isny bad really for me, after I had read all the other threads Ian. lol

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...