Paddy's Lane moorings face closure?

Poppy

Indeed.

The point must not be lost, however. Everybody will be disadvantaged by the loss of access to moorings, whether it's Paddy's Lane or Brammerton, Hickling Staithe or North Cove.

Everybody pays their tolls and we need more moorings and more access rather than fewer and less.

• Like 1

Some really excellent posts on this thread so far, and i hope they continue.

I do agree with Andy (Freedom) regards the amount of public moorings. and that we need more, especiially in Brundall. However, as far as i know, and am happy to be corrected, the BA can only construct 24 hr moorings on land it either owns or leases.  I think one of the big problems with the BA is they have to try and balance satisfying everybody, whether it`s free moorings, or installing leccy pylons on established moorings etc etc, but in my opinion, the most important thing that should override anything is to install water tapes on ALL free 24 hr moorings,

Having said that, i can imagine that in itself is practically impossible because of varios logistical reasons, but it would be good to know where you can fill up with water, without having to divert somewhere, possibly miles out of your way so you don`t run out.