M25 Dartford Bridge / Tunnel

I'm still waiting for the email from the new operating company confirming my Dart Tag account has been transferred to Dart Charge.  I should have about £80 left to transfer over to the new charging system but it looks like I've been forgotten :cry

jim, check your spam folders, thats where I found mine, I had to log in online to my BT email account and check the spam folders there to find it, I find the BT spam filters far too aggressive, and have now turned them off, I now get 2 maybe 3 spam emails a day now, but I was losing maybe 20 a day genuine emails too (out of about 40 a day regular emails)

Grendel

We too managed to make the switch fairly easily, although I had to complete the last bit by phone, as the Dart charge site fell over when I tried to give it my credit card details.  We came through North to South on Saturday evening, to find that the charge was suspended, which pleased my Yorkshire heart! I suppose that will do something to offset the extra 50p per journey that we will  be paying in future.

Whether it will make a blind bit of difference to the levels of congestion we see around the crossing remains to be seen.

cheersbar

Steve

SteveO.  If you have registered to pay automatically when you pass through, as I have, you'll be paying less than previously.  We went through at about 10.00am on Saturday to collect an outboard and on the way back attempted to pay the toll and were waived through-there is some justice after all!!  Regards Alan. cheersbar  :wave

We paid around £1.33 with the old Dart Tag. Now with Dart Charge, we will be paying £1.67, so I don't see how this equates to "paying less than previously".  

I ventured onto the biggest car park in Southeast England yesterday and the radio traffic reports were still giving long delays for north-bound traffic going through the tunnel, so I guess nothing changes except the price. Sounds from what Grendel is saying that things are better for folks travelling from North to South.

cheers

Steve

travelling north they still have the barriers at the moment, you have to come to an almost stop before they rise, so there are still queues, but not as bad as they usually are, southbound, they route everyone round the barriers, so its 4 lanes with a wiggle in, maybe 40mph max, but moving, tonight there was a broken down lorry, right opposite where the barriers were, and we still sailed through at 40mph. its a shame I then got stuck for an hour at Brenley corner just outside faversham due to barrier repairs. hit the back of that queue at just after 6pm, got home 5 miles further 7.20pm.

more details here - http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/dartford-crossing-remote-payment-scheme/

look at the journey impact pages to see the phased traffic plans and final road layout.

Grendel

Finally got my account switched over after 2 hours of phone calls during which they said I had "ceased to exist".  The only way they found the old Dart Tag account was after I gave them the tag number.

They said I was all set up on the website but try to log on....won't recognize my username as I still "don't exist".  At least I know I've got £40 plus in credit.  Belvedere now also due for a visit soon lol 

With winter with us and this discussion ongoing, something sprang to mind.  All of the ANPR systems we fit read the oncoming vehicles front plate.  If it's covered in snow, there is no system that can read it so if we get snow, there are going to be a lot of freebies lol

• Like 2