12 volt cable...

Aw! come on we are men and all have a built in stupid gene, it's how we discover things and probably how most things have been discovered, who tested all the plants Mushrooms to see what one's killed us, how many of us have seen that big wet paint sign then just had to touch it to see if it was wet, if something says don't! it's built into us that we have to try it to find out why it says don't! I do things like that all the time, but I never look on it as stupid, No men! it's learning and we just can't help ourselves,,

Frank,,, 

• Like 1

I cant be the only one who has reached out and stuck my fingers into the wrong end of a 110V plug that was live from the other end - surely (and for some reason it was live at 240V ) fortunately I was lying under the caravan on a metal sheet at the time (did I say I worked for an electricity company)- actually perhaps that cable should go in the bodged jobs thread - the previous occupant had provided 240V to the caravan - by wiring a 110V socket into the floor, and wiring a cable with 110V plug on one end and a 240V plug on the other, I had crawled under the caravan to see what was needed to plug it in, reached out for the plug and stuck a finger straight down the inside to the pins. ouch.

Grendel

Iain sounds like site work to me! working in completed rooms and having to wear boots, hi-viz, gloves, glasses and hard hat, telling him you can't wear the gloves because you working with 1/8 grub screws and told to just cut the fingers off, then being reported for not wearing the hardhat because your in a confined space and it's blocking your vision, being reported for working on the second rung of a ladder with no-one footing the ladder, looking behind you to see another trade twenty foot up a ladder one foot on the ladder one foot on the wall caulking the corner joints, teiiling the H&S man thats just reported me only to be told, nothing to do with me thats not my section, Ooooh yes! been there done all that, it all happened on a Skanska site when I was working on the new hospital in Coventry, H&S my A**e,,

Frank,,,

• Like 2

You've awe got it wrong!!! I had to DEMONSTRATE the correct first aid plaster to apply!!!!

Gets worse, it was a very young lady who asked all the questions. Straight out of university. Mutter, mutter mutter grrrrrrrr!

Alan you got it in one!! Always used insulating tape and maybe a dod of Daily Record for gauze :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Timbo,

I hadn't looked at any of these recently, but maybe there is a similar story to the "Anchorman" from the Broads - "mud weight man" maybe?

Maybe a new thread of Broads based stories of those "nearly achieving Darwin award status"? Although by the sounds of it most of us on this post will be vying for first place :dance  :dance