A sincere request to all boat owners & would be DIY'ers

Timbo

• 4 weeks later...

My late father in law would paint around furniture rather than move it. But even worse, carpet would also be cut around the same furniture. Nothing was ever done to a good standard,and always at the lowest price. His kitchen had 7 different styles and sizes of wall tiles because he would buy end of lines cheap and never enough to do the whole job.

Many years ago, true story this, I was spray painting the walls of the boatshed white. A good friend of mine came in & commented that he too had had the Health & Safety merchants round and had been ordered, like us, to paint his working area walls white. Seeing how easy it was with a paint spray he asked if he could borrow ours when I had finished. Of course he could, he collected it & I said I would pick it up after he'd finished, which I did. He'd asked a good old Norfolk bor to dew the job and later in the day, when his staff left off and went after their coats, there was howls of amazement and anger as it was realised he'd sprayed over everything! I couldn't stop laughing when I say the silhouettes of the previously hanging coats on the previously grey staff room wall! Must be down to the straight family trees and lead pipes so common in Norfolk!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Years ago , my late wife's father was having some weird electrical issues , principally massive voltage drops with mains going so low bulbs would glow only dimly

Having recently bought the house from a very eccentric old bloke , who did a lot of home brewed bodges he called out the electric utility people (who eventually traced it to a transformer fault)

But meantime I had decided to lift a trapdoor, and we noticed a thick cable (so I thought) running where none should be.

I decided to trace where it went and got a real surprise when it turned out to be a rubber hose of early Neolithic origin , which was actually dissolving and was carrying the gas supply to the fire in the lounge !

It was a hose the old fella was using to bypass his meter and the gas fitter said the only reason there had not been an explosion was that so much air was howling under the house from a bodged up removal of an old range

That was the first of many such discoveries , but probably the most dangerous

Alex

• Like 1

I think it's time the mods took control of this topic!

The forum TOS strictly forbid personal attacks on other members, yet you allow a complete thread dedicated to attacking me.

Yours sincerely Bodgit, Bodgit and sons.

Hi Martin

Your post would have been better if you had put your real name.

Bodgit, Legit and Scarper. :naughty:

Regards

Alan

Grendel you beat me to it :bow

• Like 2

Hi Martin,

I have read and digested your comments...... Mod what? You carry with your botch ups, it will keep my fellow tradespeople in gainful employment! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Only kidding, I suppose we could have a Team Meeting once our whizzkids (Jonzo and Jaws Orca) are happy with the new software. Check this thread again about 2016! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1