where? when?

C.Ricko

Sincere apologies Clive...I called you Paul on my last post...! :oops:

Couldn't it be earlier??

There dosn't seem to be much activity!...No sign of Boats and the second building shop and dinghy hanger still not erected! Do you know who took the pic?...it is certainly the earliest of the yard I've ever seen..

These forums are real mines of hidden info...and getting better all the time cheersbar

Regards Terry

No problem, it has happened all my life, even my parents get my name wrong!!

The building shop was put up about 1960, so you could be right, I have some other pictures which were probably taken on the same day so will have a look later.

The 'building shop' was bought from Colemans in norwich (at least every other truss) dad said it was old then, he gave about £12 for it

Hi Clive

With ref to the above pic of the Stalham Yard....

I was wrong about there being no boat/s in the picture. Right in the centre of shot behind the line of trees you can make out a Merlin/Osprey outline moored stern-on to where the second building shop was to be erected. And...if my eyes don't decieve me to the far left just below the granary site, is the pull-out/relaunch tractor as driven by Ted Piggen...

I really must get these eyes seen too :oops:

All the Best....Terry