Brinks Rhapsody - The Review

LondonRascal

Spot on Jaws, the review was brilliant as always. Robin, I would rather watch something you have filmed than anything on the telly and they are fantastic for getting a Broads fix. so well done from me :clap

Still would like curtains in the heads though Lol  ;)

Grace

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments always good to hear I’m doing an OK job for the majority.  I got a message on You Tube from the chap apologising, and he removed his post not me.

Moving on... The actual Blog this time is not going to be quite as long, I had my Mum along for the first couple of nights and I’ve found it is a bit tricky trying to film with people there – they tend to walk in front of cameras or a beautiful serene quiet bit of cruising with just the sound of the ducks when suddenly ‘do you want a tea of coffee with your Bacon sandwich’ cuts across it lol.

Next year there will be a few changes – just polishing bits here and there and perhaps a new camera as this one is beginning to show signs of its use poor thing.  Anyway I hope to get the Blog ready for Thursday.

Finally as to curtains, I’ve got them put on boats before – Mystic Horizon has them for the rear doors in the cockpit where Siesta does not so you never know...

• Like 1

Robin,

I very much agree with others here.  Keep up the good work, and thank you for your dedication!

The radio placement is odd.  Most car radios have a "remote" option for many functions so that they can be operated from buttons on the steering wheel, so a conveniently placed remote panel would make some sense.

Also, it occurred to me that the "engine instrument" screen could be used for a wide-angle rear view when using the inside steering position.

Anyway,  I don't expect I will be in the queue to hire Rhapsody (simply because of the cost) but the review was very interesting.

I agree with everything thats been said here Robin, you do a great job and we look forward to seeing what boats you hire next.

I've said before that its thanks to your Budget Boat review that we had Magic Gem this year and what a great week we had.

I think the Blogs will be set for another rerun over the cold dark winter nights to get our Broads fix until April comes around

Keep up the great work

cheersbar

David

• Like 1

I have to agree with everyone else, the blogs are massively enjoyable, informative and entertaining. My favourite bits being the can opener saga and the way Robin pronounces Lathams (Letharms!).

I will certainly be watching them again over the winter.

Robin,

I have to say when I first started watching it I thought Barnes had commissioned you to do this it was that good. :bow I reckon they owe you a free trip or at least a nice discount or free pump out.

I think it probably came across that way because you found it hard to find fault with anything. Not your fault, just a well thought out boat (apart from the curtains which I have to say I wouldn't want) and the fact it was very new.

Scripted maybe, or they could just give you credit for thinking what to say beforehand and being a smooth presenter. Glad the guy apologised and removed his comment.

If you could get a short guy and a grumpy offensive guy to help you out you could start your own Top Boat programme :clap  :clap

I have also just realised my radio is in a cupboard as well - not my doing - and it is a pain in the backside and now I want one with a remote control. See, it's all your fault cheersbar

• Like 1

Interesting about the radio in a cupboard....

When we bought our new boat a month ago, the radio would

not work whatever I did. It kept going into 'Display Mode'.

Anyway, it being a Sony, I decided to buy a new one and Halfords

had one here in town for £35! Vastly reduced of course  :shocked

Got there and they said that they didn't have one!

"You have 2 in stock" I said.

They checked and Lo and Behold...they had 2!

Anyway, got to the boat and it just plugged straight into the existing

plugs making the fitting a breeze.

Where's this leading you ask......Well the one that was fitted had a

remote control so you could make adjustments from the helm.

After fitting the new one, I tried it and it worked!

Having looked online, they don't appear to have any now but I did

find one here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Xplod-CDX-GT270MP-/111500713512?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19f5f5de28 

The thing is, I don't remember seeing anything about a remote

being available for this model in the specs, but there are some

available for £5.99 on FleaBay.

Never thought of one before but now a convert for ease of use

on the boat!  :bow