A short weekend before the cold

Baitrunner

Was going to do a Captains log of our short, but not very entertaining (from a readers perspective) trip out last week - especially trying to compete with London Rascal on his video review :bow

But it ended up being a nice day on Saturday and a good run down to Oulton Broad from Brundall and we caught all the bridges at opening times  :clap  I should say great timing on the skippers part.

Moored up next to (sorry close to) Thunder (no lightning) for Saturday night before walking into Lowestoft for the afternoon.

I think Thunder either gets special treatment or they don't trust the skipper with all that space :dance  :dance

Also had to take a picture of the quaint little garden at Oulton as my friend had never seen it.

As most of you know by now, overnight it got a bit windy and the trip back on Sunday morning was very breezy. In fact all the way back to Cantley we only saw 2 other boats on the move.

Moan - I had forgotten how dangerous davits can be overhanging the walkway at Oulton - would be good if they could put padded bags or lights on them at night. Maybe I should patent some?

Moan 2 - Why do people let their kids run up and down the walkways (eventually with no life jacket on)? With leccy cables and ropes, let alone slippery surfaces I wonder who they would blame if there was an accident?

Glad to be at home for Monday night though as had to scrape the ice off the car Tuesday morning for work :cry  :cry

post-30810-0-99825100-1415198480_thumb.j

post-30810-0-03540400-1415198588_thumb.j

• Like 4

Moan - I had forgotten how dangerous davits can be overhanging the walkway at Oulton - would be good if they could put padded bags or lights on them at night. Maybe I should patent some?

Moan 2 - Why do people let their kids run up and down the walkways (eventually with no life jacket on)? With leccy cables and ropes, let alone slippery surfaces I wonder who they would blame if there was an accident?

Hear! Hear!   :clap :clap :clap