River Bure

JennyMorgan

In the photo of Horning Ferry by Springsong, the boat at right is called Monarch, built by Norfolk Holiday Boats (N.H.Banham of Horning) and still in Blakes catalogue of 1976, on hire from Southgates.

The other three are almost certainly Landamore Vestellas, not Vestas as they appear to have 3 windows in the aft cabinsides.

Vaughan I am not sure you are right. I don't think Vestellas were built until a little later maybe 1952 .Vestellas were  only five berth having a double across the stern rather than the vestas single. Vestas also   had three windows in the aft cabin as seen in this 1959 photo of Vesta 11.

Vesta 11 Ranworth 1959.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Off to Belaugh this time, Bee-lar, and the boatyard of Press Bros, Many Broads yachts were built there, including my daughter's 'Spray' during the winter of 1908/09. I believe that this card is of that time. Interesting to note that the wherry has dropped her peak a little, probably to help her sail the winding river at that point.

Press%20Bros%20at%20Belaugh.jpg

• Like 3

Romany is hopefully still afloat. She was launched about 18 months ago after extensive work and I believe she is now residing on her owners plot opposite Brundall Bay Marina where they intended to finish her. She was booked to attend Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser show last year but cancelled. I'll drop them a text and see how she is progressing