Best ever boat names

Baitrunner

Thought this would be fun...

Obviously there are a few crackers on the Broads and maybe a few owned by members of this forum so lets hear them folks. If they have a special meaning then lets hear about that as well.

My first boat was a 16ft Mayland. During a business trip to Brussels I was introduced to a rather nice French apple cognac which I may have over indulged on.  Deciding on the name of my new boat at work and discounting the obvious rude suggestions I went for..... Calvados! Boring, but appropriate.

OK, first boat on the Broads we bought was called Want One! I so desperately wanted to name our second boat Want One 2!! 

cheers

Love that one - no idea what it means of course :liar

Our chosen name for 'B.A' whilst not in the slightest funny (Tisn't meant to be anyway) arrived by the (then) six of us all having to come up wwith a suitable name.

They were:- Fellowship,  Cindy-Kate,  Overdraft,  Norfolk-n-Chance, the computer driven one with all our initials was Shadow Magic or Magic Shadow  then of course 'Broad Ambition' whcih was unanmiously agreed upon. Broad - obvious and Ambition as it has always been an ambition to have our own boat on the Broads - simples really

Griff

• Like 2

Our dinghy is called Whimp in memory of a cat who was as tough as old boots, and knew we were teasing when we called him that. There is a black cat on the mainsail. Not funny but it does make people smile.

I think Brilliant is awesomely well named, which is why the change of her name to 'Gannet' at one point is puzzling, good thing she got back to her 'proper' original name.

I have to throw this one in - not quite a boat name, but it is on the side of his boats as well (he has a couple of boats with 1 and 2 after the name).

In the Grenadines there is a guy who controls some of the moorings off Bequia. I did actually refuse to call him up on the VHF as I thought my brother was having a laugh with me, but this is the guys radio name and he has it on the side of his dinghy (I refuse to say Handle as it's not CB radio). Phat Shag. Please now try and put this in the context of calling someone up on a VHF :norty:  

Now both words obviously have a genuine (if you know street talk) and slang meaning, but it obviously refers to an awesome sea bird like a Cormorant. :naughty:

As per JM, I will assume you can work out any other potential innuendos? :bow