Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

1200rpm. Alternators for five minutes there were kicking out 115 amps - wow. All normal of course Nadine using hair dryer. It’ll be the GHD’s next. More importantly why is the electric toaster not producing crumpets?

coz Grandson onboard so my galley slave is on strike cooing over him

Griff

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Here we are at Ranworth Staithe. It’s chokka but we got here early enough. Charlie Girl with her Dad on Blue Dolphin alongside and SteveDuk a few berths along. MrsG, Nadine, Grandson Charlie and Macie dog enjoying the sunshine on t grass. I’m enjoying yet another ‘Robin’ cocktail he introduced me to at at Beccles. There is a breeze thank goodness as it’s proper warm. We are thinking of Potter for overnight. May have two more crew members joining tomorrow 

Griff

• Like 2

when I did viking re-enactment there was a tradition called the horn of plenty, this was a drinking horn filled with ale (the basis of the thing was you took a sup, then topped it up from your glass, even if you were drinking spirits).

the one overriding thing was who the heck was drinking the creme de menthe, as it always ended up tasting of the stuff.

by the end of the evening, the contents of the horn were generally a lethal mix, much like I suspect Robins cocktails are. :default_biggrin: :default_drinks:

• Haha 2

Waved as you passed LBBY. George was too busy balancing and filling up our diesel to acknowledge you I think. We are at potter waiting to go through bridge. Plenty of moorings spaces at the moment both quiet moorings and opp. HW s. 

On 08/08/2018 at 13:53, ChrisB said:

I have always associated that beautiful piece with something fast, red and Italian.

That's MM out of the equation then

Slow, Pale, Bearded and definitely British.

(And his riposte will be ( I resemble that remark))

• Haha 3

It started raining early afternoon and has not stopped since. Alongside Coltishall common. No fishing in this wx. I’ve given  in and put the tv on and even the heating too. Mind you we do have 3 girlies onboard plus Grandson Charlie. Dinner tonight will be in t Rising Sun apparently. Back to base and home tomorrow 

Griff

• Like 3

On 26/08/2018 at 15:19, LondonRascal said:

That cocktail is very simple:

Take a 25ml shot glass (plastic sort are fine).  One and half of dark Rum, one of Gin, One of Vodka. Pour into a large class with plenty of ice. Add some Blackberries and fill the glass with fresh orange juice.

Don't remember the blackberries in the one I tasted... Maybe they started drinking the rum and were banished?

• 2 weeks later...