Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

43 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

What's a half? :default_norty: 

It is known as pacing yourself. Actuall quite sensible if you are driving home next morning. A good nightime sesh an you are "Over the Top" for most of next day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great evening was had on our Dining Out Night.  The staff at The Bridge Inn looked after us very well (We had the back room) they were superb as was the food as per the norm. The pre-ordered Lap Dancers however let us down and did not turn up.  No surprise there then as they have failed to turn up each year to be honest.  Note to self - Write to my MP about this matter.  The inter boat quiz was won by 'B.A' with J-of-L II coming a close second.  The 'Vicars' theme.  I did have a vicars outfit that I had took with me but the lads had secretly secured a Popes outfit that I was presented with once alongside and ordered to wear on the night

Today Saturday 13th  'B.A' sailed at 0630 for Stalham via Robert at Sutton Staithe for pump out and diesel.  Jewels 1, 2, and 3 sailed at 0740 for Potter Heigham.  By 1000 all crews were away on their way home apart from me n Bro who had to do the usual clean through on 'B.A'  We eventually got home for around 1615.

It was agreed by all that this has been yet another memorable successful Lads Week, No one fell in although two crew members did get wet from foot to crotch through trying to walk on water when getting onboard, they failed of course as neither of them are Yorkies. No accidents.  One certain southern crew member lost his false front tooth on the first Friday night. apparently having left it in the Norada Pub.  He found it yesterday evening down the side of his mattress by his pillow - Laugh did we?    Gnasher who we wore false top rack of teeth for appreciated our support and has sent that photo off to his family etc who all agreed we were a great bunch of mates supporting him and that it was hilarious. 

Herbert Woods staff looked after us very well, especially on the Friday afternoon / early evening as we started to arrive and then again during Saturday forenoon prior to sailing, nothing was too much trouble for them, not that we gave them any trouble you understand.  The three Jewels are provisionally booked for next year

Diesel consumption for the week was:-  1 = 95 x Ltrs,   2 = 102 x Ltrs,  3 = 97 x Ltrs and 'B.A' = 93 x Ltrs,   'B.A' having to sail from Stalham to PH to meet up with the Jewels on the first Friday evening then back to Stalham from Acle so she covered more river miles.

So when is 'B.A' crewed up once more and underway on the H20? - No idea at present although I will be onboard for a maintenance weekend next month but staying in the wet shed

Griff

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed reading about your week, Griff, you certainly seem to have had a good time. I'm impressed with HW that they were flexible enough to give you the extra night aboard. I'm intrigued though that each Jewel used a different amount of fuel even though they all did exactly the same route at the same speed . Heating used to different extents possibly or are the mechanicals different?