Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

BA NBN 445.JPG

I'm glad you like your Tiger Charlie but they are a bit too sit upright and comfortable.

The bike of kings will always be the mighty fireblade, a bike that after 20 minutes riding, a 6 foot 1 guy really knows he has ridden, and can struggle to walk properly for days :default_biggrin:

images.jpg.bb9e18de54a895cff56d9ed496008fbc.jpg

• 3 months later...

So there I am updating mine and MrsG's social diary as one does, at least twice a week nowadays (We seem to be in ever increasing demand of late).

We have been patiently waiting on dates from friends of ours giving us dates they are available so we can book a four day weekend afloat onboard 'B.A' with them.   The long awaited dates arrived earlier this evening at last.

The Issue there is that as we complete the weekend afloat on the Sunday and therefore due to drive home, just three days later me and MrsG are booked onboard 'B.A' again to commence time afloat taking in the Harvest Moon weekend and the wooden boat show at Beccles.  MrsG asks me, 'Why don't we just stop down there onboard?  Seems daft coming home for just three days'

Hmmmm, just give me a nanosecond to contemplate that one and come up with a suitable huge YES :default_beerchug:

Griff

• Like 5

On 22/10/2018 at 12:43, grendel said:

Ah my old BMW R80RS was a good bike for distances, after 8 hours riding you could still walk. (and it was no slouch covering a lot of distance in those 8 hours either)

Below 40mph they were terrible things and for distance with comfort and speed I`ll take my old Kawasaki GPz900r. 

• Like 1

Shortest most boring write up ever.

Sailed Saturday about 1600-ish, still windy but gale ceased, overcast but dry and cold.

Gave 'B.A' a run to the Southern end of Barton Broad and back to base for about 1700-ish.

Nowt to report, saw no one, heard nowt, said nowt much either

Griff

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Shortest most boring write up ever.

Sailed Saturday about 1600-ish, still windy but gale ceased, overcast but dry and cold.

Gave 'B.A' a run to the Southern end of Barton Broad and back to base for about 1700-ish.

Nowt to report, saw no one, heard nowt, said nowt much either

Griff

Sounds idyllic Griff:14_relaxed:

• Like 1

Griff you always strike me as a man happy" just being",  if you contemplate "not being" its a darn good swop. Its 11 weeks until we come to the Broads roll on. I will certainly not struggle if I use the Rhond anchor having seen your clear explanation. thanks.