Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

27 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

we spend a most sociable day/evening at the staithe in the wonderful company of the official forum idiot MM 

Yes, he's my hero. I am his understudy, and stand in when he's unavailable. Got a long way to go to reach his level, I'm afraid. :default_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well that was lucky. Got alongside the green at Horning. Malanka away as is Trixie. We are enroute to Salhouse but spied a big enough mooring so now in Staithe n Willow. It’s a tad warm. Looks like the big coat ain’t getting used again 

Griff 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Passed The Three Amigos this morn when leaving Ranworth , Kate actually spotted your red flag when you arrived yesterday and we wondered if was you .

we spend a most sociable day/evening at the staithe in the wonderful company of the official forum idiot MM 

Got a bone to pick with you two......................................................................................... Got me nut burnt chatting at St Bennets.......................... The Wench says my fault not yours, so looks like you wont be in the corner Simon

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Plenty of it on the surface at the Lock but normal before coming up the river. Fishing is rubbish though. Just been presented with a rum coffee and fresh cream scone. MrsG is smiling too. 

JBX5 - you may well come knocking, but not too late! :default_norty:

Griff

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Got a bone to pick with you two......................................................................................... Got me nut burnt chatting at St Bennets.......................... The Wench says my fault not yours, so looks like you wont be in the corner Simon

Sorry Charlie - but tell The Wench —Simon still needs a spanking  :default_icon_bowdown:

Yet another cracking morning here at the Lock. Not a cloud in the sky. We actually had the tv out for a dvd last night. First time in eight days. Sailing shortly for New Inn at Horning. MrsG having a lie in so Macie dog will have to do the ropes n fenders 

Griff

• Like 6

The river from Coltishall to Wroxham was idyllic. Plenty of large shoals n large fish in locations noted for future reference. MrsG eventually made an appearance went for a shower whilst underway. She appeared in only a towel as we exited from under Wroxham Bridge. Perfect timing for the crowds on the bridge n hotel  :default_norty: 

Onwards we proceeded, with canopy, screens and everything down we could muster, full sunshine mode. The river now was proper busy so much so I elected to scoot down Wroxham Broad to only see a flotilla of sailing craft

Griff

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We passed through the flotilla of confusion as they normally carry on only to come up astern of a Wherry in full sail, passed them then four bends in t river caught up another one! They’re like busses today. Here we are arrived just after 1200 at the new inn JBx5 having sorted a spot for us. It’s so hot I swear the river is steaming. Had a Cromer salad for lunch. About to sail for the Ant. We were due Home today but have delayed that evolution till tomorrow 

Griff

• Like 1

Am I allowed to be jealous :default_icon_rolleyes:

Tales of clear water , big shoals and now at my faviroute pub on the North:default_party0001:

Lovely food , playing pool in the warm sun , cool beer, meanwhile I'm away to cut the grass:default_icon_eek:

keep it coming though, great stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1