Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

51 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

That’ll be my Bro and his crew. He was a submariner - lower standards than us skimmers

Gtiff

Never left their fenders deployed on those nice black boats. Create noise when searching for targets..... you know those things that float. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, after having crewed up Friday evening , amazingly all crew in correct cabins on correct boats. Into Norada for the remainder of the evening. Sailed from H.W’s Saturday at 1045 for the Bridge Inn at Acle, we made it too. 

One or our group now renamed gnasher has had his whole top rack removed. Unbeknown to him we had arranged to show our support. He had not a clue until after the photo was taken

DF011D58-6BF0-4AEC-98C1-9078F64932CF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He appreciated the support - he gets his new dentures in a couple of weeks. 

Our overnight destination was The Dukes Head at  Somerleyton but it was shut so we replanned for The Bell at St Olaves. Good night had by all. 

This morning proper high tide, river over topping the banks. Only 7ft under the bridge. Now underway for WRC

Griff

Looks like you picked a good week. Getting warmer as the week goes on. Have a great time. Hope you left some beer in The Bell as we hope to be back on Lady Linda Thursday or Friday. Then off towards norwich.

All the best

Colin and Ruth

• Thanks 1

Sailed from WRC then onto Oulton Broad yacht station. All four boats moored on the floating pontoons. A spot of fishing n sailing. Some of us didn’t venture out watched film onboard. Today sailed at 0800 for Gelderstone village and the Wherry pub. 3 x Hr DTS playing darts. Then came the fun bit. Four astern full length of the dike - no problem!

Now at Beccles for overnight, after dinner and we are in the pub yet again.

There is no way this lot, me included will keep this pace up much longer

Griff

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

well I left the others heading to another pub, sadly 1 pub too far for me, so I am back to the boat, its been a great day, steeped in alcahol, like the stew I made for our crew, this had Calvados added as flavouring with calvados chasers, followed by a nice rice pudding. unfortunately it was preceded by Robin and crew arriving for cocktails.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yesterday was a heavy one. Grendel this morning stated he had more to drink that he normally has all year. FCE for all crews underway for a stop at Somerleyton. It is mild n sunny with a decent breeze, not normally do we have the wx as good as this on a Lads Week

Griff

Well, Somerleyton was still shut. They are due to open today but not till 1800 as we found out. So we went alongside, opened the boats bonded lockers and played inter boat battleships. Sailed at 1440 for Stokesby. Met a full ebb tide at GYA as expected which backed the Jewels down to 2:5mph from 9mph on Breydon. Formation 1 up the lower Bure now burning Dino juice hand over fist and we care not a jot

Griff

• Like 2