• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

BroadAmbition

Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

8 hours ago, quo vadis said:

Maybe you’ve gone deaf Griff others go blind :default_norty:

He said Anchor!

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Hmm,  I'm getting picture but no sound.  Anyone got an idea as to why?

Griff

Speaker(s) on mute?

Opps, see I`m late with that idea.

Anchors for sale on Gumtree & £5 each, around 8 left this morning.

18 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Hmm,  I'm getting picture but no sound.  Anyone got an idea as to why?

Griff

You are female :default_hiding:

1 hour ago, Pumpmedic said:

Anchors for sale on Gumtree & £5 each, around 8 left this morning.

Where? 

55 minutes ago, Pumpmedic said:

I met him at Wayford Bridge marina working on his boat, they are secondhand by the way not new.

Ah, OK. Thanks. 

I know who you mean. 

I was last out cruising the rivers enjoying them and ''B.A' on 13th OCTOBER 2018, the last day of the lads week.  It is now 20th May 2019.  By my reckoning that is now over 6 months.  SIX months!  Now when one owns a boat (Well - Part thereof to be precise)  and has the use of her 24 x 7 x 365,    six months is plain and simple W A A A A A A Y   too long.

Yes of course I have been onboard since October but those visits have been upgrade / maintenance weekends.  Then there was a ten day visit to Sutton staithe for her bi-annual AMP, spent all of 40 mins transiting her there and back to the wetshed on that one.

However June 7th - that'll change. Four days afloat with MrsG, Son, his new partner  (Just wait till you see her lads, proper stunner and top class deck totty)  and hopefully at least one grandson, plus one if not two dogs.  I intend to get 'B.A' out of the wetshed that fast after boarding we will probably still be plugged into shore power, wonder if I can get 10mph whilst still in the wetshed? :default_norty:

No idea where we will be visiting / staying overnight, nor do I care.  Counting down the days then once again

Griff

• Like 12

‘Out of the wetshed that fast’

Really?

onboard at 0330, photo taken 5 mins ago

Griff

DFD8AF58-7812-440E-A94B-A12A3ABFE113.jpeg

44AA81F5-4A37-4A06-A974-014940CF0B1B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Eeek- that is not looking like the pic of a gentle cruise down the Ant :61_sob:

I hope whatever it is, you get sorted soon and can get on your way.

Morning,

this weekend was supposed to be a family weekend cruise.

The best made plans and all that resulted in me arriving onboard Friday morning at 0330 with only Macie dog. 

So, I was up and about somehow at 0730, thought I’d do a few jobs, shouldn’t take me long - Ha !

These items were not a ‘must do’ now but would have to be done at some time 

First two large scratches on the  Stbd side, sand back , than undercoat

Drawer runners in the double cabin four of them, three of which  had become loose. Sorted them, then got carried away with a deep clean down to the hog bilge line, three hours that took

Now it was decision time  did I go to Tesco’s and sail or tackle the two heating duct connectors? It was due to start raining soon. Decision made - heating it was.  Four hours later an a foot long scraped shin.   When we installed the replacement Planar system it became apparent it could ideally do with a 90 deg elbow and a straight connector which we didn’t have. Well I did now. 

By then it was 2000, I could yet sail. Tesco run, tidy up, stow victuals 2100, make dinner, feed Macie and walk her now past 2200 and I’m now operating on memory power having had only three hours sleep since Thursday morning. 

We stayed in t wetshed 

This morning, a final clean through, fill water tanks etc. I have already applied third coat of undercoat to those scratches, I’ll take the gloss with me for sometime later today when we are finally OUT of this shed

Still got to make up small coax for tv, improve fastening for internal coax socket on helm, extend flag lanyards for new mast and fit - they can be done later today

Who would be a boat owner?

My shin urts

Griff

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Sailed at 1215. Heading for Thurne Dyke. The rascal is onboard. Dinner tonight will be at the lion on me of course for his birthday treat. 

Its cool, raining and windy and do I give a toss?

Griff

• Like 9

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Its cool, raining and windy and do I give a toss?

I can almost feel the warmth of that beaming smile from here.

• Like 2

Well that sounded like an amazing plan- good boat, good pals and good pub with good beer and food- what's not to like :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

Dinner in t Lion was fine 

sailed At 0900 for Ranworth Staithe, there for a DTS in Maltsters In glorious sunshine. Sailed for Acle Bridge Inn. 

Had a cracking Dinner with Simon n Sonia. 

Early night after walking Macie dog

belter of a day on t rivers

Griff

• Like 4

Sailed from Acle stopped at Ludham Bridge, met up with Gary, Vicky and Russ. Then onto Sutton Yard for pump out n diesel . Then the rain arrived. 

Now in t wetshed - had to dry and wipe down exterior. Clean through before departing for home 

Griff